Enjoy the day off to catch up on the first two layouts.
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Did you notice - more recent kits :) This time they are the Bella Blvd Man of the House papers from June's Smaller than a Breadbox kit. WooHoo. They are simple, but they are done!
Alright then. You have your assignment, I have mine and we'll meet again tomorrow.
Monday, June 28, 2010
So go, unearth your supplies, round up your photos, crack your knuckles and sharpen your scissors! Here we go!
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Did you notice? Can you tell? No? (More Indiana Jones theme music playing) They all use recent kits - well, the one top does - it's the October Afternoon Fly a Kite papers from the June Bigger than a Breadbox kit. Oh, my love those papers! The other two use July papers - the Bo Bunny Sun Kissed and Pink Paislee 365 Degrees papers from the Bigger kit! AND. AND . . . wait for it . . . the photos are from 2006. So, you say? Well, the kits I've been using lately are over two years old and the photos have been primarily 2002-2004. While this doesn't signal that my photos are caught up or that my stash of kits is this current, it is fun to actually work with new stuff, LOL.Next - I loved all the clothing, shoes, purse, accessory inspiration and subsequent layouts that were created as a result of last Monday's challenge. I already told Linda, I want that purse, perfect ginormous size for a soccer mom! (Linda, I went to the site you so generously found . . . and oh, my, it could, will be dangerous. Very dangerous.). And Kai better hold tight to those shoes ;) And finally, to Molly - hurray on the journaling!! Keep it up. Finally, today is the kick off to My Croppy Summer! I'll do a separate post for that that will have all you need to know, including the first challenge. Happy Monday - here's to live computers!
Friday, June 25, 2010
- 1 sheet cardstock - red, orange or yellow
- 1 sheet patterned paper with circles or waves
- 1 set epoxy embellishments (you can create your own if necessary with Diamond Glaze
- 1length of trim
- 1 set of metalic embellishments
Thought I'd share my recent layouts. Yes the photos are duplicates, though the layouts are different; one for the family album, one for the child's. I messed with the slide show for way, way too long - so instead of a nice rotating image, you get them all laid out. Stupid technology!
I actually have nothing planned for this weekend. Nothing! I don't know when the last time that happened. Wow. Wonder what I'll do with it? Find out Monday ;)
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
- Winner from 6/7 - 6/12 is Molly! Molly you're fat-free summer treat will be in with your next kit.
- Winner from 6/17-6/18 is Linda R! Linda your tasty summer treat will also be in with your next kit.
- To all my Cricut users, Designer Amy is hosting two, TWO, drawings for the Home Decor Solutions cartridge. Participation is super simple: 1) spread the word and then link back to her blog 2) become a follower. Please check out the details HERE.
- Apron Strings is sponsoring a week, starting tomorrow the 24th, over at Sketchy Thursdays. And we all love Diana's work over there don't we? Yes! We do. So go, grab her challenge for your chance to win.
- Today's challenge, in honor of the sponsorship tomorrow, a Sketchy Thursday sketch.
This sketch, along with Monday's challenge and Friday's to come, are due by Saturday evening. Be on the look out for the summer-long challenge "My Croppy Summer" starting next week, lots of fun planned, lots of chances to win, lots of layouts done!
Monday, June 21, 2010
Friday, June 18, 2010
- 1 sheet cardstock
- 1 sheet patterned "manly" paper
- 1 set metallic embellishments
- 1 set chipboard - keep it naked, if it starts out that way
- 1 length of felt trim (if you don't have felt trim, any trim will do)
- BONUS: extra entry if you make it a "manly" layout as well
This challenge and yesterday's are due to be linked up by Saturday evening to be eligible for your weekly Treat.
Remember to leave your comment over at Bella!
Have a great weekend!
Thursday, June 17, 2010
I'm not dead. I'm not sick. My kids haven't driven me insane. . . anymore than I already was anyway. I'm not even on vacation - and by that I mean away from the house and all that beckons when you're home. Nope, it was just plain old shipping. But that is wrapped up and I'm moving on to July stuff - which is totally fun! I can't wait to play with them and, if I can get ahead of the game, show pieces of them here. :)Let's start with a couple blog shouts to start:
- Sous Chef Jennifer has posted her extras from her June Apron Strings work. After completing her layouts she still managed to make all these cards. An amazing note, she used her October Afternoon kit down to just a small 4x6 piece of paper! And if I know Jennifer, she couldn't throw it away and it will appear on something. :)
- Sous Chef Amy posted the most adorable stitched card a couple days ago on her blog. On top of the awesome work she does on layouts for Apron Strings, she's an accomplished card maker and her ideas would be very "liftable" to help you use your scraps down to the last drop; just like Jennifer!
- Finally, fellow-blogger Melanie is hosting a photo challenge (not in photos you take, but in finding inspiration in photos she posts) in honor of National Camera Day on June 28th. Plan to follow along on her blog for daily posts. You could win a nice little prize for playing along. I know of at least one piece of her "offering" ;)
Alright, so you need your challenge-fix for the week. (I will be posting the 5 on Friday, too). So here you go. The sketch is by Sous Chef Gloria! Always great work. She's one of the Card Chefs, but you can totally create a layout from it! That "image" space is perfect for one, two, four or six (small but well placed) photos. Let's see what you can create! Would love to see some of my card kit followers out there link up for this one (or any challenges for that matter!)
This challenge along with tomorrow's will be due Saturday evening to be eligible for the weekly prize.
Final note: be on the look out for some serious scrapbooking opportunities coming soon! "My Croppy Summer" is heading this way!
Friday, June 11, 2010
- 1 sheet cardstock - neutral in color: brown, kraft, white or black
- 1 set of patterned paper SCRAPS (no whole sheets allowed)
- 1 set of alphabet SCRAPS (no complete set allowed)
- 1 set of left over buttons
- 1 set of ribbon SCRAPS (no lengths longer than 12" allowed)
Hey, it's garage sale day - clear out the bits and pieces! Remember this along with the other two challenges this week are due by Saturday evening to be eligible to win a Cookie Jar Treat.
Have a super weekend!
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Monday, June 7, 2010
- Check out Jennifer's blog here, for the cake that goes with her pink poodle invites. How cute is that! I think cake might be on order for dinner tonight. White cake with Cherry frosting.
- On June 18th, wander on over to Bella Blvd's blog to win an Apron Strings kit and see some layouts from some gals you may know. Don't worry, I'll remind you. :)
- This week over at Sketch Inspiration, you can grab this week's sketch challenge, a sneak peek of Apron Strings' Sous Chef layouts based on that sketch (a couple anyway, I said "sneak"), but there's a shot at winning an Apron Strings kit there too.f
- Have you been following along with Kristi's June Journal on her blog? It's a great way to snapshot the end of school and summer break for this year. Once a day photo and a quick layout make a nice way to remember this summer.
Let's see oh, winners from last week. Shoot, no, two weeks worth. What the heck? How did I miss that one? Okay, well here you go:
- 5/24- 5/28 - Winner is Molly! Your goodie will be in your next shipment.
- 6/1 - 6/4 - Winner is Deanna! Your goodie will ship with your order; I think you have another prize, too.
And finally - today's challenge; I can just get it in. I'm sweltering here in the heat and humidity, so work with something "cool." Create your layout using cool tones: blues, greens, crisp white, purple. I'll give you a bonus toss in the drawing if you scrapbook something cool. This will be due, linked, by Saturday evening.
Hopefully, it's cooler where you are. Happy Monday.
Friday, June 4, 2010
- 1 sheet cardstock
- 2 sheets patterned paper
- 1 felt embellishment
- 1 chipboard embellishment
Remember, outside of journaling and a title, only the five ingredients above can be used on your layout.
Hope your Friday is the start of a great weekend. Here - no soccer! No volleyball! No school to prep for! And only half the family! Scrapbooking here I come! (Yes, I miss my boys, but I know they're having a great, no shower, eating whatever I wouldn't want them to be eating and enjoying all day on the lake kinda time.)
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Like the other challenges from this week, this one is due by Saturday evening.
Happy Wednesday. Next time we chat, I should be a summer-vacation mom.