Saturday, July 31, 2010
Friday, July 30, 2010
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Short and sweet for today! Go. Crop. Play..
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Today, your assignment is to incorporate a tree or trees (doesn't have to be an Evergreen) on your layout and incorporate blue & white into your color scheme.
I'm heading back to my version of "the stacks" to find items for September kits.
Enjoy your day!
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
For today's assignment, scrapbook an everyday event or non-Christmas event of your choice, using traditional Christmas colors (green, red and white). This will be due July 31st, along with the rest of the Christmas in July assignments.
Monday, July 26, 2010
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Friday, July 23, 2010
I think this completes the photos I pulled and have carried around to several crops, in terms of the Halloween photos I pulled anyway (who else takes way more than they could ever complete to crop - raise your hand?) I'll be working on Christmas photos next - a lot of them! Huh, how ironic. Or is it? :D
So that's what I did yesterday AND they were also based on three assignments from my Big Picture class, and I also incorporated another chapter from a self-paced class I'm taking. Boom Baby! :)
Here's what YOU can do today: Select your oldest, un-scrapbooked Christmas photos - and scrap them! All layouts during this Christmas in July portion of My Croppy Summer will be due on, you guessed it, the 31st.
I'm off - we're heading out to a new candy/ice cream store in Old Town (I NEED some licorice - seriously). Remember to take the camera, remember to take the camera.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
- Sous Chef Jennifer is deep into challenge mode, check out her great layouts as she continues on her quest to win the title. You can see here work HERE.
- I know it's hot, too hot to be thinking about Christmas presents, but now's the perfect time to be thinking about them. Check out Melanie's blog post about creating a Present Closet - handcrafted goodies in stock at the drop of a hat. Read all about it HERE.
- Finally, don't forget that Apron Strings is the month-long sponsor over at The Scappiest HERE. Liz has great sketches, if you need a jumping off space and a great Baby Spinach salad with Strawberries. I've make a version of this myself - add a little grilled chicken or turkey and you have a great meal for a hot day.
Starting on the 23rd the focus for "My Croppy Summer" is gonna change up, just a bit. It's high time (and high heat) to embrace some cool thoughts and memories and celebrate Christmas in July. Running from "Christmas Eve in July" through "New Year's Eve in July" the assignments will have a slant towards Christmas - with Christmas prizes :) Get your layouts in from the challenges for this week so you have a clean slate for the Christmas season!
Now - winners:
- Winner from Week #3 (assignments #9 thru #11) is Nitasha! Nitasha, you're a member of Apron Strings, so I have your shipping info and will ship your goodies out with your August kit.
- I also drew another name from among the followers. That lucky person is Linda B. Linda B. contact me at email@example.com with your shipping information.
Okay - so that's it on this wrap up day - layouts due tonight, new assignment tomorrow.
Also, if you're a prayerful person, please keep Apron Strings designer, Gloria, in yours on the sudden death of her brother. My thoughts and prayers are with her.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
So you aren't having withdrawl issues, here is your assignment for today. Quick and easy, before we end the week early to start something fun on the 23rd. Today, create a layout based on Gloria's sketch below. Check out Gloria's blog HERE. This and the other layouts from this week are due tomorrow evening.
Is it Wednesday? Yeah. Have a great Wednesday! ;)
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
So, what, do I splash a lot in my bath? Nope. And in one of life's exclamation points, as I sat reading the other night, a stream of water came flying over the edge of the tub; thin and high arching. Making a direct bee-line for my open, soon-to-be-once-pristine magazine. The stream hit smack in the middle of the pages and splattered like fireworks. Covering both pages. Little drops of water both soaking in and rolling off the pages. It was one of those slow motion things I saw coming out of the corner of my eye. For a split second, as I saw the liquid curl toward my new magazine, I thought, "that's not water." Luckily, it was. It was just a cup of water quickly flung by the 1 y.o., who is in the tub that is beside my magazine reading space. He swiveled around with a full cup of water - so goes another pristine magazine. The 1 y.o. total oblivious as he continues to frolic about in the water, finding amusement in the splashing, the cups overflowing as he pours water in them, and the drip of the faucet. And me and my poor, soaked magazine try to find our peace. And a towel.
So, for your challenge today: crumple, tear, antique or otherwise distress something on your layout. Remember, this is a short week, with items due on the 22nd.
Monday, July 19, 2010
This week will be a short week, challenge-wise, because I'm going to do something special starting on the 23rd. So, today create a layout that incorporates diecut paper, whether you cut it yourself or used some pre-cut paper. This and any other challenge will be due on Thursday, July 22nd.
Look for some super fun starting later this week. I'm off to the library and Hobby Lobby and then home to put the whiniest kid in the world to bed.
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Look for a great tutorial, tomorrow (Saturday) for some fun vintage flowers you can make yourself! Super simple, super cute.
Hope your weekend is good!
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Monday, July 12, 2010
- First up, last week's winner: Maggie!! You know the drill; next kit = goodies
- Next, I drew from all you who have linked up anything in the last two weeks - Francine! You'll need to contact me with your shipping information at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finally, from the easiest way to win - be a follower: Louisa May! Louisa May contact me with your shipping information, as well, at email@example.com
Congrats ladies and keep 'em coming!
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Where can you play and win for Apron Strings this week:
Other Blog Shouts:
- Check out these Sous Chefs' blogs this week for peeks into their creations for July's kits and other projects - they really knocked it out of the park this month: Amy (Scrapbook kits, plus her cards will give you great inspiration on what to do with those scraps), Gloria (Card Kits, more great ideas on what to do with your scraps, plus she's on the Graphic 45 team, and there was some of that in the July Smaller kit), Jennifer H. (scrapbook kits and trying out for Bo Bunny's DT and has made it to week two at Scrap-Tastic), Kristi (scrapbook kits, and she has lots - her peeks, her June journal is finished and an entry for a Page Maps contest)
Now, onward to today's challenge to kick off the week: using this PageMap Half Map, create a layout. Half Map? What the heck? Yes, a Half Map. Use it alone, mirror-image it to get a 12x12 size, turn it 90 degrees or use half and create the other half yourself. This, along with others from this week will be due on Sunday (I had my weeks off when I mentioned a short week. This is not a short week; stay tuned though for it!)
If you're an autoship member - your kits are on their way! If not, what are you waiting for? :)
Have a great Monday!
Friday, July 9, 2010
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Today, incorporate the following PageMap onto your layout - betcha thought I was gonna say use paint! LOL. This layout, along with the others from this week are due Sunday evening.
Monday, July 5, 2010
Saturday, July 3, 2010
- Check out Sous Chef Jennifer's blog HERE, one because she's got her layouts up on her blog and she's also participating in a blog hop, so you can jump around to get some more inspiration.
- Sous Chef Amy fantastic cards, perfect for lifting and using your scraps from your layouts this week. Plus she also has her Cricut cartridge giveaway you can participate in. See her blog HERE and look for the link to her contest in the top post.
- Need more card inspiration? Check out Sous Chef Laura's Blog HERE. Her great talent is not only found in the Apron Strings card kits, but also as part of the Stamps for Life kit club. Her designs are cute, quick and easy to lift. Perfect for those scraps.
- Lastly, Sous Chef Gloria who Apron Strings shares with among others, Graphic 45's design team. Gloria's work is also seen in the Apron Strings card kit, as well as sketches posted monthly on this blog. Gloria has amazing cards on her blog, see them HERE, but she also has sneak peeks of upcoming Graphic 45 lines - love the Christmas one!
Go browse around, gather ideas and use those scraps. You want a clean workspace for the coming week's challenges, don't you?
Friday, July 2, 2010
Thursday, July 1, 2010
It'll be a kick to eventually scrapbook these photos and my own (and my sister's and husband's enlightenment about the park.) I'll see what I can get done tonight, scrappy-wise.
Today, however, brings YOU your next assignment which is: Create the tag using the map below and incorporate it onto your next layout. The Tag Map is from PageMaps.