Saturday, September 26, 2009

6 on Saturday

After a week of cool temperatures and rain, we have a bright and sunny morning. First off, soccer, two games. Then it's home for a bit before heading off to church. Tomorrow we get to celebrate our September birthdays, but otherwise it'll be a nice quiet day. Perhaps, nice enough for some cropping. . .maybe. Hence, my going for 6 on Saturday.

Lest I waste any time in getting the ingredients out to you, so you can make the most of your free time:

  • 1 sheet patterned paper
  • 1 6x6 sheet of cardstock
  • 1 set of stitches; real or imposters
  • 1 set of chipboard
  • 1 metal embellishment
  • 1 set of buttons

Remember, outside of journaling and a title, only the above ingredients can be used. Deadline to have your link posted in the comment section? Sunday evening. Come on, you know you want to try it!

I issued a challenge on Tuesday, to share your signs of Fall in photos. Charlene, you are the winner of a Cookie Jar Treat, just email me your information (lori@apronstringsdesigns.com). Loved your photos. Pencils, I'm there with you. Actually, any school supply. When I was taking my pictures (which I'll have to share when hubby returns with the camera) I totally spaced out the Season of the Pumpkin Latte! I even had my season's first last weekend at soccer. How could I have forgotten! (total head-slap moment) So, thank you, LOL, I'll be amending my photos. Next, I'm awaiting the Peppermint Mocha -- yes, I know I can get it anytime, but it's not the same when it's 100 degrees!

So, enjoy your weekend, and if you haven't caught your first glimpse of the October kits, pop on over to take a gander. They're adorable and gorgeous all at the same time! Perfect for everything fall!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Molly said...

6 on Saturday...love it just as much as 5 on Friday!!!! I used rubon stiches, which came as part of a Cookie Jar Treat :)!!! My metal embelishment is a metal frame which contains the date. After I looked back at the ingredients, I did realize that I probably used more cardstock than was called for, sorry. Anyway, I am going to use the blank space to journal about the books that were my daughter's favorites as a baby and early toddler. Thanks for the great challenge and inspiration!! You can see my LO at:
http://i611.photobucket.com/albums/tt193/mollytamale_bucket/Apron%20Strings%20Design%20Challenges/IMG_2630.jpg

LindaR said...

Fun choices! Hope I didn't stretch the rules painting my chipboard. Linda



http://groups.yahoo.com/group/apronstrings/photos/album/1784353232/pic/398920834/view?picmode=&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=1&count=20&dir=asc