Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Saturday, March 27, 2010
2. Add approx. 2” inches to the dimension you recorded in Step 1 above. For this example, you’ll need a sheet of paper 9x9 inches square to make your envelope. I make my envelopes a bit larger than normal since I tend to make lumpy cards. If you find 2” is too much, try adding 1” or 1 ½ “ to your diagonal measurement instead.
3. Once you have your square of paper for your envelope, lightly trace lines on the reverse as shown below.
4. At each edge, cut a 1 ¼ ” notch as shown by the shaded sections below.
5. You will have an envelope base that looks like the diagram below. Next, score on the dotted lines shown below. 6. Now, you can now fold your envelope and attach adhesive to the flaps. This makes a perfect square envelope every time. You can alter your measurements to accommodate any square card: 3x3, 6x6, etc.
Friday, March 26, 2010
- 1 sheet cardstock
- 1 sheet patterned paper with floral pattern or pink
- 1 set of photographs with boys in them
- 1 tag of some kind, any size
- 1 set of at least 6 brads
Let's show people flowers and pink aren't for girls alone! :) Remember, all challenges are due by Saturday night.
Soccer club is on break this weekend due to public schools being on Spring Break, so no having to stand in the snow for a game (or get yet another "game cancelled" notice that will inevitably make for a crazed make-up schedule), though we do have an early Volleyball game tomorrow morning.
Whatever your weekend plans, I hope you enjoy them.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
So you can do a little pre-planning, maybe pull some kits and photos you've been wanting to get done, there will be three challenges issued each week, they'll be due on the weekend. Prizes will be available ;)
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Then there's the really big new - I scrapbooked again. I know. "What," you say, "Isn't that like twice in a month?" Yes, it is. And I'll be doing more again this weekend. Here's a look at what I did over Spring Break.
Monday, March 22, 2010
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
So there are winners from last week - and hopefully plenty of busy-bees working on the challenges this week. All are due Saturday evening to be eligible for Treats. So here's to my troopers last week; good job ladies! Random.org has selected Deanna as the winner for the week. Deanna, you'll be getting something in the mail by the end of the month. Friday - end of the week, end of Spring Break, end of sunny and 70. I guess the snow will keep us from our season opener soccer game for our 9 y.o. Can't say I'm all that upset. Love, seriously love watching all my kids play, but the schedules are about to get insane with two soccer players and a volleyball player - their practice schedules and game schedules are about to collide, and, really, when are collisions ever pretty? So, I'm hoping tonight to escape into some cropping at home - I tried to get into one of the three crops the Archiver's near me is hosting this weekend, but they're full up. So me cropping at home is sort of a coin toss, I want to, but what will I see as more important to do. We'll see. So in case you're looking to enjoy some peaceful cropping time this weekend, here's your 5 on Friday ingredients:
- 1 sheet neutral cardstock - white, black, kraft
- 1 sheet bright, springy shades of patterned paper
- 1 set of stitches - pen & ink, rub-ons or the real thing
- 1 frame
- 1 set of buttons - at least 6
Other than title and journaling, the above are all that can be used on a layout. If you can make it into a two pager, given the ingredients, I'll toss your name it twice.
Hopefully, those of you in the upper northeast are drying out, those under a blanket of snow and cold are warm and those enjoying warm weather . . . well, ya'll are on your own. :D
Monday, March 15, 2010
Friday, March 12, 2010
- 1 sheet cardstock
- 1 sheet patterned paper with floral designs
- 1 set floral embellishments - chipboard, paper, fabric, acrylic
- 1 length ribbon
- 1 set of buttons
Just to remind you, ONLY the above items can be used on this layout. To qualify for this week's drawing you must complete all three challenges from this week and have them linked up under the appropriate posts by SATURDAY evening.
Hope your weekend is a good one. We have basketball - last game I think (dancing just a little), soccer and volleyball. Sunday looks free and clear though and then. . . SPRING BREAK!! WooHoo. Hope my kids realize that means mommy's not going anywhere mommy doesn't have to go.
Enjoy your weekend, whatever it brings.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
Remember, the three challenges from this week are due by Saturday evening to be eligible for the weekly drawing.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Ya'll have waited so patiently for winner announcements, so here they are. Starting with the final week of challenges, #16 through #20:
- The "completed them all" winner is Deanna - you'll be getting the Bella Blvd Plastino Kit!
- Random winner from the week is -- Rebecca. You'll get something with your next kit shipment.
Of all of those who played along, eight of you completed all 20 challenges! That is fantastic and I give you a huge round of applause! The sheer volume of stuff you accomplished is amazing - that's 160 layouts! From just you eight; Deanna, Rebecca, Maggie, Linda R., Natalie, Kristen and Julie. There are others who may not have gotten to all 20, but did their fair share of layouts as well and my hat is off to you, too! On to the big winner:
- Winner of the Big Bash, Don't Stash It Challenge is. . . .MAGGIE!!
- And because so many of you worked so hard, I drew a name from all those who completed any layout this month and that winner is: Jennifer (justjennifer). I'd be happy to meet you, at say, Archiver's to deliver your goodie in person ;)
Thanks to all of you who made February's challenges and birthday celebration so much fun. There's more fun coming in April - so, rest up and be ready to "Hop To It."
Enjoy your Wednesday.