Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dead Computers, Playing with New(er) Stuff and More

Is it Monday? It must be. My desktop is dead. Dead. And like a tightly sealed tomb it's holding all my photos captive. GRRR! But, I married a Techie and like Indiana Jones he'll swoop in there to rescue my photos (can you hear the theme music or is it just me?) Okay, that's enough for the bad side, I mean it's hot already (and I so hate the heat), so let's not make it worse by adding the downer of my computer. There are some bright sides to today. Like the following layouts I created over the weekend. Can you spot what's interesting about these layouts??

Did you notice? Can you tell? No? (More Indiana Jones theme music playing) They all use recent kits - well, the one top does - it's the October Afternoon Fly a Kite papers from the June Bigger than a Breadbox kit. Oh, my love those papers! The other two use July papers - the Bo Bunny Sun Kissed and Pink Paislee 365 Degrees papers from the Bigger kit! AND. AND . . . wait for it . . . the photos are from 2006. So, you say? Well, the kits I've been using lately are over two years old and the photos have been primarily 2002-2004. While this doesn't signal that my photos are caught up or that my stash of kits is this current, it is fun to actually work with new stuff, LOL.

Next - I loved all the clothing, shoes, purse, accessory inspiration and subsequent layouts that were created as a result of last Monday's challenge. I already told Linda, I want that purse, perfect ginormous size for a soccer mom! (Linda, I went to the site you so generously found . . . and oh, my, it could, will be dangerous. Very dangerous.). And Kai better hold tight to those shoes ;) And finally, to Molly - hurray on the journaling!! Keep it up. Finally, today is the kick off to My Croppy Summer! I'll do a separate post for that that will have all you need to know, including the first challenge. Happy Monday - here's to live computers!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

WOW! Awesome pages, Lori and you got so many photos scrapped! Beautiful work with the newer goodies! :)