Friday, April 6, 2012

Springtime in the Rockies

I thought the cold snap and snow we had earlier in the week would spoil some of the things I love about Spring here.  I knew the daffodils and crocus would survive, but the flowering trees - the crap apple, cherry and Linden - I thought those would be toast.  I was just starting to enjoy the sweet vanilla smell in the air from the Lindens that line our street.  But after reaching 70+ again yesterday, I stepped out of the car to the sweet, sweet smell of the trees.  I can't help but breathe it all in - it's the best aromatherapy! 

Hopefully those little blooms will cling on today through the expected high winds. . .again!

Among the Spring-y colors and graphics in this month's kits, is this delicious pack, found in the Bigger than a Breadbox kit - Bazzill's Vintage Marketplace.    I love the soft pastels - it just feels like Spring - a garden in bloom, hidden Easter eggs, and puffy Easter dresses and bonnets.  However, don't let the pink scare you off, the double sided papers give you plenty of non-pink options!


Just like Sous Chef Maria Swiatkowski did with her layout here.   A great compilation layout about a trip. . . I just read about Frankenmuth a couple months ago in my Midwest Living magazine and noted it to DH for our next trip to Michigan. :)


It's a back-to-soccer weekend here and hopefully the wind won't be the 12th player on the fields!  I hope your weekend is a touch of Spring filled with the joy of Easter.

Happy Easter.

1 comment:

Charlene said...

Happy Easter Lori!