Every gift I have has been wrapped (this is a first!) - though I still have shopping to complete. The tree is up and 3/4 decorated; I have one box left. Almost all of the decorations have been hauled up and are put up. My girl and I are attending The Nutcracker this weekend, with my sisters and niece. The cookie bake is next weekend. The Girlie and I are going to a performance of White Christmas with a mix of my family members, in a couple weeks. Then there's the usual prep and rushing around.
In the mean time, this week I get a peek at what my kids are doing when I'm not around.
- We are pleased with the decorating done at work today, even with the 7 y.o. in tow. (photo: 17 y.o.)
- We are grateful for support groups. (photo: 18 y.o.)
- We are going to gain the Freshman 15 in the one week leading up to finals. (photo: 18 y.o.)
- We are Coloradans, shorts and snow is not at all unusual. (photo: 18 y.o.)
- We are attending the Not So Silent Night concert. (photo: 17 y.o.)
- We are celebrating the feast of St. Nicholas. (photo: 17 y.o.)
- We are pretty sure we need a little refresher. It's not St. Patrick's day. Those are polar bears, not dogs. And those are chocolate oranges, not bunnies.
- We are getting the "standard stand-ins" gold coin chocolate (coins), mini Reeces (nuts) and chocolate oranges (oranges)
- We are more than happy with St. Nick. (photo: 15 y.o.) In fact, the 17 y.o. opened the meant-to-be-shared gift and quizzed the 15 y.o. on what it was - he kept guessing movies even though the release of the game is all he's talked about since he saw the trailers for it six months ago!
- We are pretty sure we'll find him here eight hours from now. Thanks St. Nick.
- We are not unaware of this fact. Boys equals bigger, louder, better. (photo: 17 y.o.)
- We are grateful for friends, who are also in the midst of finals. (photo: 18 y.o.)
- We are doing what needs doing on Holy Days (photo: 17 y.o.)
- We are receiving a new appliance in a effort to get the 17 y.o.'s molars to do the Ortho's bidding.