Friday, October 22, 2010

Croptoberfest Day 9 - 5 on Friday



These photos are of the trees in my front yard.  Everytime I pull into the driveway this time of year I slow down long enough to see the trees in all their autumn glory; the Autumn Purple is golden on the inside with its reddish-purple color on the outside.  The Aspens are true Colorado Gold.  When I stood beneath them to snap these photos the light became golden-pink.  Someday I'll be able to actually capture that on film - maybe.

Today is a grey day.  At some point we may have rain and it'll be cold all day (actually perfect scrapbooking weather.)  We have our first Winter Weather Advisory, though not for Denver, but in the southwestern portion of the state, where they'll start accumulating their seasonal 100+ inches of snow with a possible 10 inches today.

This weather is all great when you get to sit inside and enjoy the colors and breeze and rain.  It starts to not be so fun when you have to stand out in it.  Like, say, at a soccer game.  yay.  We have two soccer games tomorrow, luckily not so early in the morning we should be freezing, but it could be wet.  We have another game on Sunday and then two volleyball games on Sunday night.  At least we'll get the indoor break.  The kids are excited since I told them we could carve the pumpkins this weekend - probably Sunday and hopefully they'll stay decent until Halloween.  If not, well their decomposition just adds character.

Today, the 5 on Friday challenge is in part inspired by the trees and weather:
  • 1 sheet Kraft or Brown cardstock (you may use two sheets - same color - if you're doing a 2-page spread)
  • 1 sheet patterned paper with either gold, burgundy or orange in the color scheme (not all three colors need to be present)
  • 1 length ribbon
  • 1 handful of brads and buttons
  • 1 sheet of cardstock stickers
Remember, outside of journaling and a title,  the above are all you are allowed to use on the layout.  This layout, and all the rest are due on Sunday, the 24th.  I haven't gone looking at what kind of Halloween-y goodie I might have, but I'm sure I've got something yummy.

Enjoy your weekend!



3 comments:

Kristin - The Fifth Sparrow No More said...

Snow, cold? We are still in the upper 80's with humidity! Send some of that fall into winter weather this way, please!

-Kristin

Deanna said...

Trying to link my page to Mr. Linky, but so far it won't show up. It's here on my blog, "I'm Thankful For..."

http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2010/10/im-thankful-for.html

Deanna said...

I tried again and it says it's linked on Mr. Linky, but there's no thumbnail. Don't know what's going on with it. Sorry!