Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday (sheesh)

Monday, already?  Seems like the weekend just flew by.  Probably due in part because it was a single-parent weekend with DH out of town.  We started off with the final regular season game for my daughter's volleyball team.  They broke their 3-game losing streak with a come-from-behind in their second match and a pretty good romping on the opponents for their third match!  Great way to go into the city tournaments.  Witnessed my 12 y.o. son make the game-winning, and only, goal during his game on Saturday!  Woohoo!!!  The 10 y.o. pulled out a 0-0 tie in their second game of the weekend - which on the surface may seem like nothing, but it's been a very rough season for him and his team.  Very rough!  So coming out with a scoreless tie was a good thing.  My two older boys went out to the Rapids game on Saturday night and enjoyed a 1-1 tie, lots of crazy boy antics (or so I've been told) and a bagful of schwag.  Seriously, don't put free stuff out in front on my 10 y.o.  It's like a piranha attack.



Sunday, after the soccer game, was a lot of overseeing two projects - my daughter's continued work on her Ed Fair project and my son's work on some cake pops for his book report.  Because of that I missed my first assignment in the May LOAD challenges.  :(  So I'm bummed I missed an opportunity for a goodie box, but I will scrapbook this month if I have to do it from the back of my car!!!

A new month means a new Guest Designer.  Welcome, Wendi Robinson.  Here you'll see what Wendi worked up with the Sassafras Lass Ellie's Tale line fro the Smaller than a Breadbox kit.  Love that she gave us a close up of some her detail . . .take a look.




Here's some tips from Wendi:  "One technique that I focused on my page is about highlighting shapes and making them stand out:
  • First and foremost, I inked my square page in black, to add some depth and pop to the edges.
  • Next, I focused on the half circle from the Sassafras paper. I used my sewing machine to add some circles in between the lines, to add more depth to the circle itself.
  • Last, I cut out triangles and made them into a banner. To make the triangles stand out, I used my sharpie pen and doodled triangles within the banner, and then also used the sewing machine to add a banner top.
All of these techniques add to the original shapes that are on the layout itself."

Check out more of Wendi's great work on her blog HERE.

Okay, so I started this post around noon - it is now 9:06 pm so any challenge I was going to give you is going to have to wait - sorry 'bout that.  Will I even be able to get LOAD Challenge #2 done?  I don't know, we'll see.

3 comments:

Patchi said...

Great LO Wendi, and great tips too!

No LOAD for me - I'm still hungover from the Apron Strings birthday bash ;)

LisaM said...

Woohoo Wendi! Congrats, girl! awesome layout and tips!

~jan said...

WooHoo Wendi! Congrats, girlfriend! What an awesome layout and such a beautiful photo of you and the kiddos!