Thursday, June 16, 2011

Just Sharing

I said, before I left for the high country, that I was taking kits with me and had serious plans to use the lack of things calling my name - my children excluded, they are hard to ignore no matter how hard I try - to do some cropping.  I didn't do any planning on what I'd take.  Unless you call grabbing kits and doing your best to match photos to them planning in about 30 minutes.  I had also just taken a class at Big Picture, 28 Days of Sketches, but didn't participate.  I was also enrolled in the May LOAD Challenges.  I'd get an Incomplete as a grade in this class too.  I planned to access both classrooms via my phone, so I didn't print squat, so confident was I that I'd have Internet access at 9,000+ feet above sea level, deep in the Colorado mountains, camped out in a small village of cabins, in an off-the-beaten path neck of the woods.  Anyone else see a problem with my logic?

First full day up there after getting the dog settled, the toddler down, the boys fed and back on the lake and my daughter in slug-mode, I pulled out my two shoulder bags (gotta love kits for just this reason, light travel) with supplies and set to work.  First sign of trouble, my phone wouldn't hold a connection to the Wi-Fi network.  So browsing for a suitable sketch was not happening.  Okay, we have a challenge now.  Grab a kit with photos and click on one of the 28 Days and, as my kids say "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit."  I did the same with the LOAD Challenges, just picked a day.  This worked until the last night there when I couldn't get connected to save my life, so I had to (gasp) wing-it.

In the end I scrapbooked two afternoons and one evening and completed nine pages, which made up six layouts.  I didn't deviate from the kits and photos I'd paired up, and I with one exception, I used whatever sketch and LOAD challenge I clicked on first.


Since I have six to share and I don't want to overwhelm you with my brilliance, I'll spread the sharing out.  LOLOLOLOLOL.  Right.

Happy Thursday. . .Thursday?  Yes, Thursday.  You know you've got nothing on the calendar when you don't know what day it is.

No comments: