Wednesday, June 19, 2013

December Daily, Part 2. . .aaannnddd DONE

So I said yesterday that our little annual trip to the lake is usually quite productive for me.  In the past I've completed layouts galore.  Read through books.  Stitched up a storm and more.  This year, with two totes - one with my tools, and one that held an assortment of kits and paired-up photos, along with my December Daily project, my One Little Word project, my Project Life and my Take 12 project - I settled in to see what would strike my fancy.  NOTE - my totes are normal-size; no two wheelers or fork lifts necessary.  Dang, I love kits!  We're talkin' a Creative Memories Tote and a bag from Archiver's that I got free with purchase - you know those "green" shopping tote kinda things.  

Anyway, I decided to finish my December Daily.  This is my fourth year and I again paired it with Journal Your Christmas by Shimelle Lane.  This year I also didn't include photos beyond Christmas Day, in the past I have gone through the 31st.  Are some of the photos repeats of past photos?  Sure.  I have past tree photos.  I have photos of cookies.  But I don't care either, there's always something new about them - either new cookies, or new stories to go with them.  Or at the very least they show the tradition, the "this is around every year" view.


Now to move on to the next project. . .what to do?  What to do?  Cleaning my shared Studio/Kid Space currently filled with stuff from the trip might be a good place to start.

Here, however, is your next challenge, found via Pinterest and followed to Scrapbooks, Etc. (I loved their magazine.)  I like this one because it gives you an idea what to do with those diecut papers.  It also has room for two more larger photos, and at least one or two smaller ones in that upper block.  Flip it 90 degrees and mirror it and you've got a ton of space.  It's even a good layout for a card.



Remember, enter every challenge this week for a chance at winning the Apron Strings Gift Code.  Your second chance comes with completing any challenge this month to be eligible for the June Prize Pack.



Happy Wednesday,

5 comments:

Deanna said...

More wonderful work with your album. Love all the little embellies and cards you've included!

Deanna said...

Here's my take on the sketch.

"You Made It!"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2013/06/you-made-it.html

Lori said...

Thanks! It's nice to have it done.

Patchi said...

I loved this sketch! Here is my LO:
http://loandread.blogspot.com/2013/06/lucky-card-and-holiday-page.html

Lori said...

Hurray - Patchi. So have missed seeing your work!