Tuesday, October 3, 2017

December Daily 2016


A while back, on this post, I had some creative outlets, and some time with which to pursue them.  I ran into a few road blocks - you can read all about it.  One of my options was playing with a December Daily kit I picked up on sale from Ali Edwards.

I have participated in December Daily for several years now.  Not all of them are in albums, but I'm pleased to say there are quite a few up on the shelf.  I opted to use my newest kit on our most recent December, that being 2016.  Frankly, it saved me a dig through of what years still needed to be done.


I am pretty sure all my December Daily albums are kits.  I'm thinking. . .and yeah, they are all kits.  Some came with an album and others the kit became the album, meaning that the pages were bound in some way: rings, ribbon, clips, etc.  For this one, I picked up a 4x6 album (also on sale.)  This kit contained three sheets of stickers - one with various shapes, one with washi tape strips and one with two mini alphabets.  It also contained a package of enamel dots and stars in four colors.


There was a package of chipboard strip words, well they were numbers, but words that are numbers.  Got that?


There was quite the stack of 6x8 sheets of two-sided patterned paper.  I didn't count it, but I'd guess it was a couple dozen - two sheets per pattern.


There was also a big stack of 3x4 cards and maybe a half-dozen 4x6 cards.  All were double-sided.  There was a repeat of designs, but generally in different colors.


Unlike other albums I've done, this is the first pocket album; there was little to think about.  Print and go.  The album I picked up was a pocket-page album - I could have made individual pages and just chucked the pockets, but my December Daily albums are generally about quick and easy.  So I needed to have a little thought about laying it all out so that I had the pictures I wanted and enough cards to make it through the album.  I had the photos printed and did a general layout of them, interspersed with either the 3x4 cards or the 4x6 cards. 

This is the inside cover opening page.


I knew, or thought I did, that the pages came in 4x6 (check) and 2x3 splits (wrong.)  So I printed my photos, which were mostly vertical, to fit what I thought were 2x3 pockets - which were vertical, the 4x6 were horizontal.  Those split pockets turned out to be 3x4 - duh, half of a 6x4 is a 3x4.

So my 2x3 photos have a nice crisp white border, which I actually like.  Creative solutions. . .never a mistake. ;)

The above, and following, all are the inside pages.



Some pages had some journaling to go with it, some the photo (or text on the photo was sufficient.)  I used the embellishments on both the cards and photos.



The 4x6 cards I used for multi-photo days - St. Nick's, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.  In the case of St. Nick's, I opted to embellish the title card.



There are quite of few photos that I snagged off of various kids' social media feeds.



I had one 4x6 horizontal photo, from my (then) 8 y.o.'s class Christmas Party.  I used another 4x6 card to journal about it, on the back.





Christmas Eve title card



Christmas Day title card


I chose one photo of each of the kids - surprise they were 4x6 - and then used a 4x6 card (or cut one of the 6x8 sheets in half) and put it in the back to journal about the kid on the facing page.


This 4x6 card (left) was actually one of the 6x8 sheets cut in half.


And there you go.  Simple, but finished, glimpse at our 2016 December.  Up on the shelf waiting to be brought down with the rest of them in a couple months.

Happy Tuesday,

Lori





No comments: