Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sketches on Thursday

I was a lazy blogger yesterday - I thought about posting but never when I was around my computer.  Doing some wrap up stuff with shipping, starting to think about April products, calming the romantically distraught, breaking up bickering wars, and general domestic stuff of everyday life took up my time.


First things first, Sketchy Thursdays has the most adorable sketch up for this week, so I just had to grab it.  You can see the sketch and the awesome work of their design team HERE.  Plus it's totally translatable to a double-page layout.  Upload your layout using the sketch by Sunday evening.


On Monday my mom swung by to deliver Valentine's for the kids and a deliciously, fudgy brownie for Chris and I to share.  Because Matt was down sleeping she offered to pick up the kids.  Fantastic!  Anytime I don't have to wake him, life is good.  After she left I finished up something I was working on and then looked around and realized I had 30 minutes that I didn't have something to do or somewhere to be.  I decided to be naughty and scrapbook a layout based on one of the LOAD challenges.  I don't often scrapbook when the sun is up - I felt like a vampire caught out after sunrise - a little nervous.  But I grabbed my challenge and the kit I'd paired up with photos that I took with me last weekend and in 30 minutes I created the layout below.  The challenge was to use buttons.  I am a happy camper with buttons, but in all the ways I use them I don't remember ever using them as a border - duh!  So that's what we have here.  I used the Bella Blvd papers from the January Smaller than a Breadbox kit.  Holy cow!  How many current kits is that?  Three?


Did you see the adorable little mailboxes in the newsletter or the scrolling images at the top of the blog?  Sous Chef Kristin Perez created them with scraps from her kit.  She was sweet enough to post a tutorial on her blog HEREGo check it out.  I know Valentine's has passed, but you can keep the idea for next year, or change the papers and use it to leave little notes to your kids - especially if they love getting mail.  Decorate it for Christmas for letters to and from Santa.  Slip chores in it, and have the cleaners pull out what they'll do that day - more fun than a hat and cuter than a bowl.  Decorate it as a piece for your home decor.  Lots of good ways to take this great idea and make it yours.

Off to find something to do.  Have a scrappy Thursday.




1 comment:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This is a real cute and practical layout that allows for a sequence of pictures....something I need....and the button are so cute!!