Friday, June 29, 2012

Friday Peeks, Grab Bags and Inspiration

I start this with a request for your thoughts and prayers for those who have lost their homes and loved ones in the dozen fires enguling my home-state of Colorado.  And prayers for those who are out there fighting the 12 wildfires, including my brother-in-law who is among those on the front lines.

I've been a homemaking fool this week.  I don't know what's up, but I love the feeling of accomplishment I've got going - canning up a storm, pitting and freezing lots of little red orbs, baking bars and muffins and making dinners nightly. . .all in the lovely heat wave we are having.  I even baked up a cherry pie for dinner.  What other kind would it be?  I mean when you have 30+ pounds of cherries they're bound to show up in a recipe or two . . . or 10. 

Forecasts for the weekend seem to indicate that we'll have more heat - the triple digit kind, so I'm guess I'll be seeing a lot of my basement.  I'm hoping to clear off the spaces in my studio space since I owe you "clean" pictures.  We're heading to dinner with my sister and her husband on Saturday night - but otherwise I'm planning to enjoy the downtime. . .soccer will soon be part of my daily vocabulary once again.

If luck is on my side, I may be able to scrap a little, because Kristin Perez's layout has my fingers itching to play.  She used the Bigger than a Breadbox June kit - the My Mind's Eye line.  I love the simplicity of it.


Peeks of the July kits are up and they're super yummy, bright and just summery!  Make sure you pick-up an add-on  or two while you're checking out the July kits.


Finally, the Grab Bag Sale is almost over; sale ends on the 30th.  These Bags are an economical way to get lots of goodies for a small price.  Like the Patterned Paper Goodie Bags are over $22 worth of papers for just $11.25!  Go Grab up your savings!

 Happy Friday!

No comments: