Monday, July 3, 2017

Two Months. . .

So it was just over two months ago - TWO MONTHS - that my website imploded and halted my clearing out all Apron Strings inventory.  

Two months of trying to find help.  Trying different ways to recover what we could see, but couldn't reach.  Trying (and failing) to resuscitate the site.  Testing theories.  Researching alternative websites that didn't cost an arm and a leg, since its only purpose would be to clearance out everything.  I looked into Etsy (where Apron Strings still has an account.)  I tested eBay. 

Two months of no contact from me, for which I apologize, but when there's nothing to report and no idea of an ETA, it seemed counter-productive.

But. . .finally, there is a website and all signs point to it staying put, and working.  It just needs to be reloaded of all product, and there's a lot of that, which is why I was so reluctant to ditch it all.  I also need to link up shipping and payment things.  And the kicker, we still have no idea what happened.

So, this is just a head's up that I am adding product to the website this week and will send out an email when it's ready to shop.  Hang tight, and be ready to shop!

Oh, and to add insult to injury, I found out that all my photos that I linked through PhotoBucket have broken links.  Thanks to some ridiculous new policy they (PhotoBucket) removed all my links back to MY OWN photos.  They want $400 a year to be able to do "3rd Party Links" as they call it, I call it ransom.  I have yet to decide how to remedy this situation, but they aren't getting $400!  That's insane.

Lori


No comments: