Monday, December 7, 2009

25 Days of Sketches - Day 7

I hope your weekends were wonderful and warmer than mine. It's a whopping 16 degrees today, when the kids left it was 2 degrees, so quite the warm up. Outside of the cold, it was a busy weekend, but lots of celebrating. First, we had an indoor soccer game on Friday with a win for my 9 y.o. son against a girl's team, who played hard, but looked a little younger and less experienced than my son's team. Gives 9 y.o. boys some practice at being gracious winners. Saturday morning my 11 y.o. had his soccer game against another team from his club that is ranked just above my son's team. They and a 2-1 lead and in the last few minutes the other team tied it. But my son's team held the tie. Then at 11 am we headed over to my 11 y.o.'s basketball tournament. They had won their first game Thursday night, won their 11 am game and played again at 5:30 pm for the championship and WON! He was so excited - they all were. It was so fun to watch. My son got to bring home the trophy for safe keeping until today's school meeting. I managed with this crazy schedule to enjoy a quick coffee between games with my parents, get garlands up my staircase and, with the help of my older sons, wrestle the tree upstairs and set it up in the living room. Sunday was a totally "down" day. Church with my boys because we were at the tournament (DH and daughter went Saturday night), then home for a nice breakfast with the kids - DH was working at a local gun show all day Saturday and Sunday -- and sort of just puttered around doing little things. Nice after the crazy, but happy, Saturday. Closed out Sunday with some time spent in peace and quiet that evening. The three older kids, DH and I all sat in the family room and enjoy some D.E.A.R. time (drop everything and read). Each of us reading our own thing and just the quiet of it was . . . ahhhh. I am currently going through all the links from last week so that I can get a winner -- hopefully I'll finish that up today. Anyway, here's today's sketch and a sample. Thank you to Bessie, not only for the great sketch but the layout example as well.

Remember pick any three sketches from this week to create three separate layouts. Link them under the correct posts by Saturday evening to be eligible for a Cookie Jar Treat. Do all 25 sketches and become eligible for a Christmas Cookie Treat. Hope your week is off to a great start! Photobucket

4 comments:

LindaR said...

Love how this came out! I fliped the picture orientation. Used my Nov kit.
http://lookatlindasthings.blogspot.com/2009/12/day-7.html

Rebecca K. said...

here's mine

http://shessomekindofcrazy.blogspot.com/2009/12/apronstrings-25-days-of-sketches.html

leighann said...

For sketch seven I used the ASD kit from Sept. '09.

http://scrappyleigh.blogspot.com/2009/12/sketch-seven.html#links

Nitasha said...

Here's mine....

http://myeyesandheart.blogspot.com/2009/12/apron-strings-designs-7.html