Wednesday, January 6, 2010

25 Days of Sketches Winners and More

I feel like I've spent all night on the computer - probably have. I recall snapping at my kids who were doing their homework, which is a sure fire sign that I'm trying to read and reply with kids who have too many questions. But, they're in bed now, the temperature is dropping like a rock, snow is falling and I'm semi warm and cozy - too late for coffee, maybe I need a cup of hot chocolate. mmm . . . hang on. Decided for a glass of water and a Hershey's Caramel kiss instead. Won't warm me up, but chocolate is chocolate and tomorrow I start the rounding up and putting away of the Christmas decorations. Ick. I'll need more than chocolate. So, how was your holiday? Here it was quiet, very nice and a white Christmas! Santa treated me to a new point-and-shoot digi camera; a Sony Cybershot. I have taken it out of the box and used it but have yet to read the manual to find out all about it. I also need to drop it in my purse, which is the reason I asked for one - I keep missing opportunities! DH got me the Cricut Expression and the Gypsy - other than registering and syncing the Gypsy I haven't had a chance to play - year-end wrap up stuff combined with upcoming shipping and trying to find a new car isn't giving me a lot of "me" time at the moment. So, there were an incredible amount of layouts completed during December - holy cow! Three of you completed all 25 days - amazing! Fabulous layouts and a lot of Apron Strings kits were floating in my head. I'm so happy that you were inspired. Because of that, Sketch Wednesday is added to the weekly line-up of challenges. Just a small change from last year's weekly challenges -- complete all three weekly challenges; Monday Challenge, Sketch Wednesday and 5 on Friday, link them up by Saturday evening and you'll be eligible for a Cookie Jar Treat. Speaking of winners - I have a few to catch up on from 25 Days of Sketches. Since you've hung on this long, I won't wait:
  • Week 2 winner: Rebecca K. -- I loved seeing your kids in your layouts - such cuties! You'll get your Treat in your next shipment.
  • Week 3 winner: Linda R. -- wonderful layouts all around - did you finish your Disney album? Loved seeing the non-traditional way of celebrating a WDW trip. Your treat will also be in your next shipment.
  • Week 4 winner: Nitasha -- great job on the layouts and challenging yourself on doing some new things. Please send me your address again so I can get something out to you.
  • and FINALLY the winner of the Christmas Cookie Treat . . . Nitasha!! Congrats.

Enjoy your goodies, your well-deserved goodies, ladies!

I hope your New Year's is starting off well and that the coming year brings you great joy and prosperity and many completed pages. Photobucket

3 comments:

Nitasha said...

Thank you a million! I had a super-fun time with the sketches and I appreciate the challenges so much because they really helped me whip through my december daily journal. Again, Thank you so much! Happy New Year! And congrats to Rebecca and Linda too!

Rebecca K. said...

wooohoo!!! thanks so much for the sketches. it was such a fun productive month!!

LindaR said...

Thank you for the wonderful challenges. And no, I'm still not done with my Disney book. LOL.