Thursday, February 25, 2010

Don't Stash It Challenge - Day #19

I don't think I've spent this much time at school, since I was a student. Today was a day of back-to-back activities. Started early with taking the kids to school; something DH has been doing since Matthew's arrival. While I'm still up when everyone else is, I don't have to do the driving. But we got there and I sent the kids off to classes and took up my position on the Hospitality Committee for an Information Meeting for Prospective Parents; fancy talk for I get to stand by the coffee (which isn't nasty school coffee, we go big. We get the Starbucks box 'o coffee!) and home-baked goodies (some of which were still warm.) It's tough to stand there, look awake at 8 in the morning and not stuff your face full because you missed getting something for yourself before you left home. The end of the meeting and clean-up ended just in time for me to move on over to the cafegymatorium to help serve hot lunch. Kiddos got to see me, and I got to see them - all was good. I had enough time to run home and visit with my mom, who watched Matthew. I would have had about an hour before needing to run to get the kids, but Matthew decided he'd been left behind enough today and indicated that he would like to go - had his shoes on, brought me my coat, knocked on the garage door and repeatedly went to the coat-tree where his coat is, naturally whining the whole time. McDonald's it is - he got to sort of wander around and Mom and I chatted some more. After leaving home at quarter to 8, I finally got home just after 4, but will be returning around 6:30 for the 5th Grade Concert. When I get home again, I'll be done with activity and done with noise. Tomorrow the kids have a day off - to say I'm looking forward to that is a slight understatement. On the off chance you also have tomorrow off, you may need something to do - so today's challenge is to play with chipboard; use at least 2 pieces, along with your older papers. Since it's arrival on the scrapbooking scene its come in many shapes and sizes, but only a few colors - black, white and kraft (or naked). If you've never played with it, now's the time. If you're a fallen-away chip-hoarder, it's time you revisit the joy of this simple embellishment. Its ability to be customized to any layout is incredible, from simply covering with paper (use an emery board to clean up the edges), to acrylic paint, to stamp inks, to the even easier mists (check out Apron Strings for some choices) chipboard is a great embellishment. You can even add rub-ons, scraps of ribbons and bits of bling to dress it. Today's sketch comes from 52 Sketches. . .52 Weeks - a site, while no longer updating, contains plenty of inspiration.

If you didn't get the chance to check out today's Blue Plate Special - 10-sheet Grab Bags of Patterned Paper for $5! Reward all your hard work this month with a little treat! Photobucket

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Here's mine. I had to make it a 2-pager.
http://fenstern.blogspot.com/2010/02/dont-stash-it-challenge-day-19.html

Deanna said...

Here's mine based on that wonderful 52's sketch! I inked the chipboard flourishes!

"Sydney at the Pool"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com

LindaR said...

My chipboard got painted, and one added a rub on for the title.

http://lookatlindasthings.blogspot.com/2010/02/dont-stash-it-day-19.html

~Cheryl said...

Covered and sanded my chipboard!

http://cherylpinello.blogspot.com/2010/02/final-week.html

Rebecca K. said...

glimmer misted mine... WOOHOO!!! i'm finished!!!!

http://shessomekindofcrazy.blogspot.com/2010/02/apronstrings-birthday-party.html

Julie said...

okay got this one done

http://alteredego-mividaloca.blogspot.com/2010/03/well-another-month-gone-and-not-sure.html

Kristin - The Fifth Sparrow No More said...

Done, done, done -imagine me singing and be glad you are not actually hearing it! :)

http://somescrapsugar.blogspot.com/2010/03/finished.html

Maggie said...

http://2010yearofthescrapbooks.blogspot.com/