- your local daycare (leave out the small buttons, brads and such because of choking hazards)
- your local elementary school (most kindergarten and 1st grade teachers will put papers and ribbons to great use; larger buttons are good for math games, as well as crafts.)
- a local senior center or retirement center
- your local boy or girl scout troops
- see if your local scrapbook store does "garage sales" and plan to participate
- put the lot up on Craigslist.com for a few dollars
- if you attend a group crop on a regular basis, take your stash the next time and put it out for anyone who can give it a good home and make use of it. Just because it's not your sytle anymore doesn't mean it isn't someone elses.
Some of these places you may need to give a quick call to see when's a good time to drop it off. Make sure what you're giving away is in good condition; no tears, rips, crumples, etc., half sheets of 12x12 papers are usually okay. Mostly intact sticker strips are okay, espeically if going to daycares or schools, but the strips with only Qs, Xs and Zs, send to the trash bin.
Remember - it's okay to purge the items and find a better place for them. You'll feel better when you crop, you won't be constantly looking at, and passing over, those unused items and you'll have more room for the items you do use.