Thursday, December 6, 2012

Wrap It Up #4

It's Saint Nicholas day for us.  We started the tradition back when my older three were just little.  St. Nick brings new pajamas for everyone and then something that requires sharing or time as a family, to help us remember what is truly important this time of year - and all year really.  Over the years St.Nick has brought a Little People Nativity (to save Momma's expensive one), sleds - though only two to be shared between three (at the time) kids, movies, games, popcorn makers (all agree so much better than micro), etc.  I'm happy to say his gifts seem to promote the togetherness they're intended to.  We've also gone from no school morning celebrations to, unfortunately, hurry-up celebrations before the start of school.  Which was today's version, but candy was munched, boots were dug through and wrapping paper was strewn all over.  Nothing says "get out of the house on time" like picking up wrapping paper bits and boxes.

Today, even Momma was visited by St. Nick.  Leaving the house this morning I found a package to "Momma Scholz and the rest of the Scholzes - St. N."  My daughter (who was shocked AND happy - a feat difficult to achieve with a teenager - with her Bruins pajamas) opened the bag on our way to school and inside is the cutest cookie jar!  It's a little Christmas mouse.  And I have no idea who left it - so thank you St. Nick, wherever you are.

It's been one of those weeks where little seems to be done, until last night that is.  Unfortunately, it took until 9:00 pm before I was able to start crossing things off my lists.  Among them was this - my 30 Days of Thankful album.  Filled.  Complete.  Done.  I took a cue from Lisa Dickinson on simply adhering ribbon to her chipboard covers.  And I actually love it.


It may be a few days past my November list of to-dos, but I've Wrapped Up this project and am still moving on.    Today's Wrap It Up inspiration/challenge comes from PageMaps (who provides Apron Strings with its exclusive sketches in each kit - and has for four years!  Thanks, Becky!)  A layout and a card sketch.  



Do one, do both - either one will gain you entry into the drawing for the week.   Prize of the week?  A collection of My Mind's Eye Union Square line.


Happy Thursday,


5 comments:

carla said...

We celebrate St. Nicholas Day too. Your tradition is neat! Thanks for sharing.

Maggie said...

what a pretty kit and how sweet :)

Lori said...

Thanks, Carla. It's been fun. A little stressful at the beginning of the month - I'm never ready though so that could be the source of the stress! What do you do for St. Nick?

Lori said...

Isn't it a pretty kit - it's glittered up too!

Deanna said...

Added my version on the layout sketch and used the November kit.

"Go Team!"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2012/12/go-team.html