Happiest of Valentine's Days. Enjoy a piece of chocolate, recall lovely memories and snuggle up with a loved one.
The skies are quickly turning from Colorado Blue to snow's-coming-in Grey. Winds are picking up and temps are dropping - not that they were high to begin with. I dropped off a boy dressed in black with a fuchsia pink tie, ready for the dance. A boy dressed in jeans ready to bowl. A boy toting his first box of, self-signed, Valentine's card without a clue as to what Valentine's day is. And a girl, whose day I hope improves . . . a lot (she's had a rough week.)
Today's Love Your Stash challenge is to use your naked chipboard. Naked chipboard tends to stock up for a number of reasons. Crafters don't know what to do with it, don't have something to color it, the design is too intricate to cover with paper, paper takes to long, or any other number of excuses. The genius of naked chipboard is that it is naked. Stick it on the page as it is. But if it really bugs you, here are some ways to dress it:
- Crayons work just fine for coloring chipboard - the darker the color the better
- Stamp Ink
- Paint it
- Add Diamond Glaze
- Trace onto paper and cut out - use an emery board along the edges to "trim" closer to the piece
- Use double-sided tape all over the piece and roll in micro beads or glitter
- Stamp Ink and embossing powder
- Punch a hole in the top and make it a tag
- Simple shapes can hold small photos
- Put the first letter of your title over the shape to highlight the title
- Punch a couple holes and make it a button - then tie Baker's Twine through it.
Link up your piece by Sunday evening to be eligible for the Authentique "Uncommon" goodie. Do you need to enter every day? NO! But the more you do, the more you use, and the better your odds become.