Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday, Monday

Today is gorgeous.  Like barely 80.  Light breeze.  Clouds building.  I vacuumed and barely broke a sweat.  AWESOME.  Short-lived though it is, I'll take this break.

Friday turned into one of those it's-gonna-be-hot-best-to-prep-dinner-early, so I did.  Saying goodnight to our regular Friday dinner guests, I noticed an odd color-cast to the landscape.  It was like looking through a yellow filter.  This is not usually a good sign.  Extremely interesting to view, but impending bad things were coming.


After cleaning up from dinner, I was gonna post to the blog late, since challenges weren't due until Sunday, but then alerts started pinging into my phone...like this.  The "X" marks our spot.

 
Which became this.  We are just to the left of the "A" in Arvada.  Hmmm. . .not looking good here.
 
 
On the ground, or rather from the north-facing bedroom of my 14 y.o., this was the view.  (Credit to my 16 y.o. daughter for her patience getting these shots.)

 
I haven't ever, or at least don't recall a time, when I saw a lightening show like this one.  It was all around us, and there wasn't a second, seriously not a second, when there was a flash of a bolt somewhere in the view we had.  It was incredible.  And as a result sent us scurrying around the house unplugging electronics for the reminder of the evening.  This show lasted a good 30-45 minutes, only to be followed by more.

We had a busy weekend, which I'll talk about tomorrow.  I am starting a new class today via Big Picture - the Phone Photography Project, which I debated about for way longer than any normal person should.  First photo assignment:  From where I stand.

 
July's challenges will require your input, so just a head's up you're gonna have to speak up. :D  We're going with Cook-Out theme - July seems to be all about the cook out.

Today you'll pick five ingredients to "create" your Burgers and then tomorrow you'll get what those ingredients translate into and you'll use them for the remainder of the week.
  • Beef Patty
  • Turkey Patty
  • Lettuce
  • Mixed Greens
  • Slaw
  • Cheddar Cheese
  • Pepper Jack Cheese
  • Blue Cheese
  • BBQ Sauce
  • Bacon
  • Red Onions
  • Onion Rings
  • Sweet Peppers
  • Tomatoes
  • Mustard
  • Ketchup
  • Mayo
  • White Bun
  • No Bun
  • Specialty Bun
So leave a comment today listing your five ingredients.

I've got a family dinner to go to tonight and laundry to start and something is nagging me, but I for the life of me can't figure it out.

Happy Monday,

4 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

great lightening pics!!! I have to say I realllly miss those summer storms and thunder and lightening we got when we lived in Utah.

Deanna said...

WOW on the lightning storm and all! We had some of that during last night.

Sounds interesting. I'll choose....
•Beef Patty
•Lettuce
•Tomatoes
•Mayo
•Specialty Bun

Donna Nuce said...

I was totally amazed by that lighting show too! I've never seen anything like it before and I am a native Coloradoan. Glad we didn't get the hail that came after -- just the rain we so badly needed!

I'll play this week!
Beef Patty
Red Onions
Blue Cheese
Mustard
Specialty Bun

jengd said...

Your daughter's photos are great! No promises that I'll play but I'd like to. Let's say I will and I'll at least get my ingredients lined up. :)

Beef Patty
Pepper Jack Cheese
Mixed Greens
Tomatoes
White Bun