Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Royal Babies and Today's Key

I'm not a "Royal Watcher" by any stretch of the imagination, but I couldn't help watching the wedding of William and Kate and now the buzz around the birth of the new Prince and waiting for a peek at him.  It was funny to me that my first peek came via a Tweet from a scrapbooker I follow, not via some news feed.  So cute.  So tiny.  LOL, my thought as the new little family came out of the hospital to all those screaming people was "you're gonna freak the baby out."  And sure enough, what the press likes calling his "wave" was his startled response to all the noise.  

Aaannndd, that was the excitement for me yesterday, amid folding of all the laundry and getting dinner served up.  Yeah, not much getting done on the homefront.  It's the heat. . .yes, that's it . . .the heat.  It's sucking all the energy to do anything right out of me.  I did edit, over a pile of folded shorts, two takes on my "Summer Routine" assignment.  A lot of sleeping-in (What's with my mummy-of-a-son???  That's just creepy.) and then the regular stuff that no season seems to change.  


Let's at least keep you rolling along.  Here's today's key for this week's Drinks challenge.
  • Lemonade - Numbers
  • Flavored Lemonade - Banner
  • Limeade - Flair-style Buttons/Tin Pins
  • Flavored Limeade - Printed Tags 
  • Sweet Tea - Postage Stamps
  • Flavored Tea - At least three different patterned papers
  • Sun Tea - Journaling Card w/Pocket
  • Beer - At least three different fonts
  • Micro Brew - Crocheted Trim
  • Margaritas - Sheer Trim
  • Mocktails - Use a punch
  • Soda - Neutral-colored Brads
  • Water - Wave Patterned Paper
  • Spiked Lemonade - Red Cardstock
  • Wine - Rhinestones
  • Sangria - Something with a Citrus Pattern
  • Mojito - Wooden Tags


You'll have until Sunday evening to complete and link up your card or layout to the corresponding post.  Any one completed challenge gets you into the drawing the July prize pack.  If you didn't select your drinks yesterday, you can still do so today and use tomorrow's key.

All entries for this week get a gift code to Apron Strings.


Happy Wednesday,

3 comments:

Deanna said...

Here's mine using these ingredients...

•Lemonade - Numbers
•Limeade - Flair-style Buttons/Tin Pins
•Sweet Tea - Postage Stamps
•Margaritas - Sheer Trim
•Water - Wave Patterned Paper

"Catch A Wave!"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2013/07/catch-wave.html

Patchi said...

I'm having a hard time mixing Water with Sangria... lets see if I can come up with something by Sunday.

Lori said...

Hmmm...I can see a wave add a border or background. Then citrus as accents-behind photos or as corners. The pattern could even be in.the photos.

Looking forward to what you come up with.