Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Phone Photography Catch-up Continues

So remember I mentioned last week we had received an invite to a block party?  From neighbors whose names we knew not.  The time of the party was about the time we leave for Mass on Saturdays, so I popped up to the gathering with two kids in tow to say, "Hey, we'll be back."  I chatted a few minutes with a couple neighbors and we watched the clouds simmer.  Both on the drive to and at church those clouds boiled over into rain, thunder and lightening (or should it be lightening and thunder?)  We grabbed some dinner at our new Chick-Fil-A (yum) and then headed home.  In the headlights I asked the kids if the party was still on, I can't see for squat at night without my glasses.  Kids said, yep, they were still out.  Huddled under canopies - though the rain had stopped.  I could make out the litter of chairs, tables and coolers in the street.  

So, with two other kids in tow, I headed back up the street (hubby would join us later) and found they were sustaining themselves with alcohol.  Sweet.  Of the 13 houses on our street, only three families didn't join - one was on vacation, one I knew and expected that would be the case, and one I was interested to find out why.  We had an enjoyable time.  Good conversation of people getting to know people (though it seems we may be the only ones who don't know everyone.)  Fun.  Crazy antics, like a street race between an able-bodied man and his neighbor recovering from foot surgery.  Hmmm. . .last call maybe?  I'm not sure I could tell you all their names now (I didn't make it around to all the groups), but I think I could pair up families to homes. And, like always happens at events like that, you wish they happened more often.

Yesterday I submitted another three assignments in my Phone Photography class at Big Picture.  The cookies are for the Up Close and Personal assignment.  My boys was for the At Play assignment and the view of our street was for the On The Street assignment.  It wasn't quite what other students were shooting for the Street assignment - like urban shots, fancy streets and such, but this is the street where we live and for me it has its own story. So much so that I think I may actually turn the photo into a layout.  I'm still two assignments behind, plus today's, so three.  But I'm having a ton of fun.  Learning a lot.  And thinking differently about not only my photos, but what to photograph.


Here's today's key to create your card or layout,  from this week's S'mores theme.  Just share a link to it in the comments.
  • Graham Crackers - Chipboard
  • Granny Smith Apple Slices - Include the color: Granny Smith Green
  • Traditional Marshmallows - White Cardstock
  • Coconut Marshmallows - Baker's Twine
  • Peanut Butter - Kraft Cardstock
  • Chocolate Bars - Photo Frame
  • Caramel - Paper Clips
  • Hazelnut Spread - Journaling Cards
  • Berry Jam - Include Fruit - photos, patterned paper with fruit, embellishment
  • Strawberry Slices - Gingham 
  • Chocolate Coated - Alter Something - cover with paper, paint, ink, mist
  • White Chocolate Coated - White Buttons
  • Butterscotch Chips -Small Tags, at least three 
  • Peppermint Patties - Hexagons
  • Chocolate Covered Caramel Candies - Borders
  • Pumpkin Butter - Plaid Patterned Paper
  • Apple Butter - Alphabet
You can add additional product to your page or card, but it must include your five ingredients. You have until Sunday evening to complete this week's challenges. ALL entries this week will get a Gift Code to Apron Strings.  Even one entry into the weekly challenges gains you entry into the drawing for July's prize pack.

Big Picture is hosting another Pajama Party tonight, starting at 6:00 pm eastern - the event is free, so if you have the time, it'd be a fun way to get a little scrapping done.  There are two other classes that look appealing and are coming up in another month or so, Project Life Lessons and Stashbusters Anonymous.

It's starting to heat back up again, so I'm off.

Happy Wednesday,

3 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

great pictures, those cookies look sooooo yummy!!!!!

Lori said...

They are good...and that was a comment I got a couple times in my InstantGram feed. LOL

Oh and thanks. :)

Patchi said...

I managed to make one S'more :)

http://loandread.blogspot.com/2013/07/dadas-car.html


Graham Crackers - Chipboard
Coconut Marshmallows - Baker's Twine
Chocolate Bars - Photo Frame
Hazelnut Spread - Journaling Cards
Strawberry Slices - Gingham