The Girlie in ensconced up at school. Her room
The high school boys are settling into, and even enjoying, some of their classes. The second grader only started on Monday, but seems to be enjoying school; he was certainly excited enough about its impending start.
And life begins to settle into a new normal.
- Week in the Life - Prepping desserts for a gathering of family.
- Week in the Life - If I'm in the kitchen, someone else usually cooks at his kitchen along side me. Today he is offering, during the gathering later, "Get your free smoothie. It has peas and bananas, all my sauces. Stand open from 7:00 to 8:00" I'm not sure "chef" is going to be his calling.
- Week in the Life - Sometimes it's your own family that makes leaving easier.
- Week in the Life - I couldn't stand to call it a "Good-Bye Party" so it was a "Wish Her Good Luck" party. If we offer food, they will come.
- Week in the Life - Here we are and here it begins.
- Week in the Life - I posted on Instagram, "It took nine months to prepare for her arrival, and 18 years to let her go."
- Week in the Life - Girlie, her room and her BFF. For me, it was easier to say good-bye after checking out her building, her room, seeing the campus (at least what I could see of it from her room) and seeing all the things open for her to participate in.
- Week in the Life - Good-byes were hard and tear-filled.
- Week in the Life - She sent us what her finishing touches added to her room. It's so her.
- Week in the Life - We had an exciting morning - reverse 911 and this notice on my phone. The bears were a mile from our neighborhood. There have been half a dozen sightings in the suburban neighborhoods this year. I guess pickings are bad in the foothills.
- Week in the Life - Asleep. Finger on the screen.
- Week in the Life - Putting up the remainder of this year's peaches. No jam. But I did freeze slices (individually) so we'll see how those work.
- Week in the Life - Class of 2019. She told us she's the one in green. Too bad she blinked.
- Week in the Life - Clothes shopping with boys is such a different animal.
- We are a Junior! How?
- We are so excited to start second grade. Came downstairs, practically flying and singing how it was the first day.
- We are almost used to the chaos of the first day; it's been 13 years so far.
- We are ever so grateful to the chef who first whipped up hot cream, butter and chocolate to create this luscious concoction.
- We are colored happy.