We are recovering. From plan changes. From parties. From cake. From colds. Things are getting back on track. Slowly, but they are getting there.
I did manage to clear out the kitchen desk from the Big To-Do list. The top needs clearing, but it's one of those horizontal spaces that will just never be empty. Ever. Even the basement is holding its own after I tackled it on Saturday. There was no way I was heading into a big family gathering with it looking like that.
- We are, and have been, so excited for our birthday. EXCITED.
- We are allowed to stay up late on a school night to finish this Lego set.
- We are super proud to have built this set all by himself.
- We are treating myself on my birthday with the first PSL of the season.
- We are on-ice, where her heart and soul always rights itself. Her roommates have no idea what they are in for.
- We are baking up birthday celebrant-specific treats. My first tube-pan-style angel food cake. Looks pretty good. Tasted even better. See Friday's post.
- We are baking up a chocolate sheet cake request. Always delish.
- We are rolling in Legos
- We are celebrating
- We are enjoying this as a back-drop for our drive time this week. The second soundtrack volume comes out in two days, not that I'm counting. I need to go get myself the first half on BluRay (since it was not gifted to me, I held off getting it until after birthdays) because the second half comes out in a week or so. I may need professional help.
- We are documenting roommate wars. First strike.
- We are upping the ante on roommate wars. Paybacks will be hell after this retaliation.
- We are not traditional cake people. We learned years ago, that for this one, a tower of donuts (his favorite dessert) was the ticket.
- We are giving him his fake ID - shout out to his sister for her forgery skills. The fake one notified him of his enrollment in driver's ed, which will lead him to his real license.