Wednesday, September 27, 2017

We Are

We, well me really, are falling desperately behind. . .in many things.  After looking at what went on the last couple weeks, I wonder, is it any wonder?  Brace yourselves, it's a long post - well picture-wise anyway.


 

  • Football and homework. . .okay
  • A night out with her boys
  • And why shouldn't it, she's my girl!
  • When you have to stop within just a few pages of being finished and it takes you more than a week to get back to it
  • Karma. . .she's not nice
  • He wanted a Mustang logo (of course) on his cake.  I baked it, but his sister made it genius and free-handed that horse.  He was beyond thrilled.
  • A Mustang birthday means huge smiles
  • My (now) 17 y.o. and I have shared birthday celebrations since he was born six days after my own birthday.  When the (now) 9 y.o. was born the day before my birthday, it became a threesome celebration
  • It's not her birthday, but someone brought her a gift and she hasn't let it out of her sight for more than 48 hours. . .yes, she slept with it
  • The 9 y.o. watches Chris Fix videos (a DIY car guy.)  We've had a couple car issues and the 9 y.o. swears he can fix them thanks to Chris Fix.  He throws around car words like break pads, catalytic converter, differential. . .so when we bought a car to add to our growing drivers pool, it needed to have its headlight covers replaced (aged, yellowed and just yuck.)  Naturally, Chris Fix had a DIY solution, and the 9 y.o. had seen the video...several times.  We put him to work and he was in H.E.A.V.E.N.
  • Some day I'll learn who, or who NOT, to hand off my camera to for party photos
  • Yes. . .I turned 51.  Bleh.  But I'm not Lary, nor do I spell my name (if that's an "O") with a "Y"  Oh, well, the cake was good.
  • When you're in High School and your friends bring you gifts on your birthday (courtesy the 17 y.o.)
  • His two older siblings took him out for lunch on his birthday.  It's times like that, that I think, "Well, maybe I got some of this raising kids thing right."  Of course, then I get a call from the school and well. . . 
  • We don't do traditional birthday cakes (except me because I love a good cake.)  The 17 y.o. has had donuts as his dessert choice since he was four.  We've piled, stacked, grouped.  It's time to up your game when you turn 17. . .Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes Trifle
  • We didn't doubt he had enough hot air to get all 17
  • When you're ready to go, but your family takes issue with your pants choice.
  • More crafting
  • She's always good at the sleeping
  • Hit up a local performance of A Chorus Line with the girls Sunday afternoon
  • It's been raining for three or four days, plus we've had fog roll in on two evenings.  It's been AWESOME!
  • Impromptu night out to a concert with his sister
Happy Wednesday,

Lori




No comments: