Sunday, June 21, 2009

Paper Posies

Have you had a chance to play with the June kit? There are some great papers in the Bigger than a Breadbox kit that are perfect for distressing. I used the Lily Bee papers to make some easy paper posies. Here's how I made them. ***This will be a picture heavy post.*** First, get your circle punches or circle dies, distressing tools and ink. For this tutorial, I used some Sizzix dies, a Heidi Swapp distressing tool and Ranger Distress (Vintage Photo) ink, a brad and Distress Stickles. Next, pick out your papers. I used some leftover scraps from the Lily Bee papers. Punch or die cut 3-4 circles (of gradually decreasing size) per flower. The Lily Bee papers are nice because they are two-sided, easy to get more coordinating circles for your posies. Distress the edges of your circles and then ink the edges. Crumple the flowers in your hand, unfold and then ink the tops lightly (I used a lighter shade of Distress Ink - Antique Linen). Layer your flowers largest to smallest, adhere with either a glue stick or tape runner in the center. (A tip... I've found using a glue dot makes it difficult to pierce, the tool gets stuck and it gets ugly.) Pierce your layered circles in the center. Slip in your brad, and you have one distressed paper Posey! For a different look, take a second set of layered circles and add a drop of glitter glue (I used Vintage Photo Distress Stickles) to the center. Have fun playing with different paper and embellishment combinations! I used Distress Stickles and the rhinestone button to embellish the posies from the June kit on my "Favorite. Photo. Ever" layout. Maria Swiatkowski Apron Strings Sous Chef

1 comment:

Emilyt said...

I love making posies. Great tutorial! Can't wait for July's kit...