Monday, November 28, 2011

The Monday After

I hope everyone's Thanksgiving weekend was great - relaxing, filling, fun!  We enjoyed a quiet day, actually a week (the kids are off school for conferences Thanksgiving week).  But Thanksgiving was pleasant.  I did the cooking for our little family and my in-laws came for dinner - so no extra cooking, no double or tripling recipes to feed everyone and, best of all, leftovers in amounts that are manageable!

Friday was a recoup day - my legs were killing me from two days of prep and cooking.  My husband and two older boys took off for the Eastern Plains to do some pheasant hunting - they were out by 5:00 am.  Saw a couple, one just five minutes into the morning, but ultimately came home empty-handed, but with great memories!

I slept in, but awoke to the sound of water running in the kitchen.  I went down to find the three y.o. fixing himself breakfast.  "Mom, I hungwee.  I make-a-myself brakfast."  And he had.  He had the cereal, that one of his brothers had left out earlier, poured into one of his bowls.  He had opened a banana and sliced some on top of his cereal.  He was washing his hands, he told me, because he had banana on them.  The mauled banana lay on the counter as evidence.  He was so proud of himself.
Friday I took about half the day to assemble the Christmas Kit album I had gotten last year - I'll show it off later this week.  After Xyroning the wrong side of one of the papers (everything was precut, so creative thinking was required) I finished what I could.  There are several pieces that will go on once photos are in the album.  It felt good to craft and felt good to finish something.

It was a productive week - I'll tell you more about it later.

In the meantime, get your creative juices flowing with a little altered project from Kristin Perez, using the November Bigger than a Breadbox kit - the We R Memory Keepers side.  See more of Kristin's work on her blog HERE.  So cute, a great re-use of an item AND if you did something similar in Christmas papers you wouldn't need to wrap it!


I'm off to make my rounds on the Internet.

Happy Monday!

No comments: