Monday, May 7, 2012

Blocked

You know, there's nothing good about that word.  Blocked.  Blocked streets.  Blocked sinks.  Blocked noses.  I'm trying to think . . . and nope, there's no form of that word that is positive.

I am blocked.  I have no inspiration to scrapbook.  No energy to clean the house - it's not a pit; you know floors are swept, beds are made, bathrooms are cleaned.  It's more stuff that just doesn't seem to get put away. Stuff that piles up.  Bit and pieces of things that are just kinda all over.  My studio space. . .OMGoodness if I had the nerve to post a picture you'd be horrified.  I have no umph to do other work either.  I can't even think of content for blogging . . . which is why it's been sparse in the posts here.  It always amazing to me how quickly I can go from more inspiration and motivation than I know what to do with, to totally empty - nothing to draw on.  About the only thing I'm managing to hang on to is planning dinners and executing them. . .actually dinners usually the first thing to slide, so I'm impressed with myself there. 

What do you do when you're uninspired?  Blocked?  Unmotivated?  Tired?  I know if I cleaned my studio I'd get the itch back, but seriously it's in a where-the-heck-do-I-start kind of mess.  I hit tax season and stuff just piled and piled. And piled.  The areas in the house that nag at me are similar - just piled - need sorting through.  I know I need a call for a "we'll be in your area" charity pick-up to get me to round up all those things and then they'd be gone.  I know if I moved some of the laying-around stuff my eye wouldn't constantly be drawn to those areas.  LOL, the problem is it'd all go down to my shared studio space - and we're back around to the beginning.

So, what to do?  Push through?  Eat ice cream?  Take a walk?  Retail therapy?  So far, relying on chocolate and "I Love Lucy" isn't helping me get much done.

I may be totally blocked, but thank goodness Sneaks for May kits are up.  If you aren't a member, and you don't need to be to get a May kit, feast your eyes and then plan to pop on over on the 10th to pick up your kit.

Happy Monday,

1 comment:

Tamika said...

When I am BLOCKED I usually get in some retail therapy or take more pictures. I haven't had a real BLOCK in over 4 years Thank you GOD!!!!!