Wednesday, March 8, 2017

We Are. . .Changes

I'm preempting the usual We Are because, well, one I don't have any photos from last week . . . not a one, but, more to announce that We Are Closing.

Yep, it's true.  I am closing Apron Strings.  February was the last kit, and that feels right since 12 years ago, it was February that saw Apron Strings' first kits.

A lot has changed in the scrapbooking world in those 12 years.  A. LOT.  It's some of those changes, along with family things, that has me deciding that now is the time, though I've thought about it for a long while.  I'm actually a bit surprised, because I wasn't expecting it, but I'm quite comfortable with the decision - I thought I'd be uncertain and unsure, nervous even.  However, I'm excited as to what my life will look like without Apron Strings having first dibs on my schedule.

It's been such an adventure over the years.  The people I've "met," all the great products from companies still around, and those that have gone (whose product still lives in my stash.)  The CHA's I've attended and met people at. . .it's where I met Becky Fleck, who does our exclusive sketches in the monthly scrapbook kits and operates PageMaps.  Crops I hosted for Colorado members, or those I met up with at other crops.

I'll miss seeing the new releases and choosing the fun papers and embellishments.  It used to be I'd sit with tons of catalogs flipping through, marking pages and trying to match up printed photos to be sure things coordinated (so fun. . .not).  Those catalogs are gone now, everything is online.

Mostly, I'll miss all the connections with customers and designers I've met and worked with over the years.  Though I rarely saw any of them face-to-face, it felt like we'd been friends for years.  Funny how you can connect with someone simply through an email, or recognize a kindred spirit during the simple act of handling someone's invoices every month and labeling their box.  It was even more fun when I saw your stories played out on the layouts you shared, especially if they used an Apron Strings kit ;).

So for all you've been to Apron Strings, and myself, thank you!

Now, for some business stuff. . .I have stock that needs to be re-homed.  I'll be running a clearance sale so all these lovely things can come and live with you.  You do know the best way to use your old stash is to inject a couple new things into it?  You knew that, right?  I thought so.  Anyway, it's a great time to stock-up and save.  Shop now, while the selection is good.  Stock is already discounted on the website, but you can save 10% more on your entire order through the end of this week, by using code:  BLOGCLEARANCE when you check out.  Code is good thru 3.12.17.  Refunds cannot be given for missing codes.

I'll still be around, here on the blog - I don't expect to stop writing anytime soon.  I'm also on Instagram and I stalk around on Facebook.

Happy Wednesday,

2 comments:

Donna Nuce said...

Hi Lori! I understand the crafting industry has changed a lot since you first started your store. I appreciate the beautiful selections you had in the All Year Cheer Card kits. I'm still using up some of my kits but decided I would get a few more before you close down. God bless and good luck to you.

Lori said...

Thank you Donna. I'm so glad you have enjoyed the Card Kits. . .and are picking up a couple more. ;)

Maybe one of these days I'll run into you at church...we are almost always at the 5 pm, Saturday Mass.

Thank you for your support and business.