Thursday, March 22, 2018

A January Layout, Finished

I'm three months for three months worth of class material.  Back in January I joined the SCT365 2018 class (I had done, sort of, the SCT365 2017) as a way to help me achieve my creative intention where scrapbooking was concerned.  

Every month I get a sketch for a layout and a card, examples for both, cut files (which I have yet to use, but it's in the plan) and access to a Facebook group where I can share, see other examples and get cheered on - and cheer on others.

I started late, so I'm playing catch-up, but it still counts as three class challenges complete. ;)

I did the following layout using Simple Stories Elementary pack.  This paper wasn't part of an Apron Strings kit, rather one I picked up when Archiver's was going out of business.  (Yes, that was a long time ago, but it goes with how old the photos are.  My babies are not this small and I have one more, who wasn't even around yet.)


I stayed fairly true to this sketch, from January.  I also tried to use only the items from the Simple Stories package.  My intent is to use up as much of the kit as I can, before either tossing the remainder or sending it along to the Kindergartners to use.  I will be creating a couple more layouts using the line.  Same photos, too, to create a layout for each kids' albums.  One way or another, I'll be done and over this paper line.


I used up some scraps to create a general card.  It is more "inspired" by the sketch, rather than a direct creation.  But it's a card in my stash.  I've said before I don't put sentiments on my cards, which allows me to use them for whenever and whoever.

Happy Thursday,

Lori

No comments: