Thursday, March 8, 2018

A Layout!

I joined Scrapbook and Cards Today's SCT365 for 2018.  I took the class last year, which includes a sketch for a layout and a card a month, along with instructions, cut files and a Facebook group for sharing and cheering.  Last year I didn't do so great, but I'm hoping to right that this year.  Sketches, after all, don't expire.

This layout, and the card below it, are based on the February's challenge.  I used the We Are Family paper line by Echo Park.  It was in a Bigger Apron Strings kit.

I still feel like it needs more "things" along the top of the page.  I'm a minimalist when it comes to layouts, but it feels sparse even to me.  I used some of the embellishments from the kit, but I also used a few of the chipboard pieces (along the top) from my Ali Edwards Stories by the Month kit.  The note card is also from the AE Stories kit.  The little kit was geared towards New Year's, but they were celebratory, so some of the items worked for this birthday layout.


Like I said, the monthly challenge comes with a card sketch as well.  The "feel" of the card sketch is reflected in my card.  Sort of.  The sketch had a grid set-up and my paper has a grid-like-feel.  That's about it.  I rarely put specific sentiments on my cards because then I can use them for any event I may need them for.

I did try to embellish the card, but the background is fairly distracting.  I may go back and either pop some brads in the centers of the reels, or I think I have some star-shaped rhinestones that I could put in there.


Overall, I'm pleased with the outcomes of both.  Plus the best parts - I created something and I have a page and a card to show for it!

Happy Thursday,

Lori

No comments: