Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Out With the Old, In With the New Day 19

For whatever reason I didn't take one photo yesterday for the Week in the Life.  But I'm not gonna stress about it and I'm gonna move on and do my best to capture some of today.  Besides, in 10 years, shoot next year, whose gonna know if I took a photo on Tuesday, unless I tell them (or they come back here to see that I didn't.)

But I'm still high on the 10-pages I did over the weekend.  Here's another from that session.  I forgot to mention that I used sketches from the Big Picture Class I took a couple months ago as inspiration.  The kit was January's Smaller than a Breadbox.


In case you're struggling to complete something today, here's your challenge:  try a Classic-style layout, paired with an older kit of your choice.  What is Classic?  Well it doesn't mean boring, it means timeless - clean lines, traditional-styled patterns with an updated feel.  Look for clean lines, crisp designs and a more muted palette. 

An example of some past Apron Strings kit with a Classic style are:
  • Pink Paislee Mistletoe & Co. Smaller December '09
  • Pink Paislee 365 Degrees Bigger July '10
  • Fancy Pants Happy Together Bigger February '11
  • Cosmo Cricket Social Club Smaller June '11
And finally, if you haven't entered for this week's Christmas in July Giveaway, head to this post to read all about.

Happy Wednesday.




2 comments:

Kristin - The Fifth Sparrow No More said...

The computer is letting me leave comments again! WOOHOO! Super cute layout and ten pages - you go girl!

-Kristin

Deanna said...

So glad you're getting some time to scrap, Lori! Wahoo!

Added my link, "Slice of Paradise"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2011/07/slice-of-paradise.html