Monday, July 11, 2011

Out With the Old, In With the New Day 7

I hope you all had a great weekend.  Enjoyed some out door time.  Some family time.  Some croppin' time.  We had another sport-free weekend.  Laid back.  Just the weather kept things interesting.


So we start week #2 of the Out with the Old/In with the New.  How'd everyone do?  Are you digging down into that stash to unearth past treasures?  Remember this is just about working with what we have.  If something in the challenge doesn't match up with what you have on hand, substitute baby.  If I call for ribbon and you're working really hard to use up kits, and the kit you have doesn't have ribbon, cut your own "ribbon" from strips of patterned paper in the kit, or grab some leftovers from another layout.  If I said, buttons, and you're not a button person, think round and try brads, eyelets (eyelets?  blast from the past) or even punched circles.


Monday. . . and I need something bright to get my eyes open this morning; coffee's not gonna be enough.  So I have this nice, bright color scheme to look for in your supply of kits.  I love these colors - they make me think of Popsicles, flip-flops, toe-nail polish, swimsuits and pool towels.


Past Kits with this color scheme:
  • SEI Mimosa, Bigger April '09
  • Bo Bunny Popsicle, Smaller July '09
  • My Mind's Eye Colorful Christmas, January '10
  • Sassafras Lass Sweet Marmalade, Smaller January '10
  • We R Memory Keepers Hippity Hop, Smaller April '10
  • Basic Grey Green @ Heart and Jillibean Egg Drop Soup - Bigger April '10
  • American Crafts City Park, Bigger January '10
  • Jillibean Blossom Soup, Bigger April '11
  • We R Memory Keepers Peep, Smaller April '11
  • Fancy Pants Beach Babe, Smaller July '11 - if you're an autoshipper, you should see your kit this week
Link up your projects by Saturday night, July 16th to be eligible for the next round of goodies.  Now, to clarify, you don't need to enter every challenge to be eligible for prizes.  So if you're on vacation and miss two, but complete two, you're still in the weekly drawings.  Each completed challenge, however, will get you another entry in the drawing.

I'm done with my Monday chores, except the bring down of the laundry, ick.  So I'm off to getting shipping stuff done.

Happy Monday.




1 comment:

Deanna said...

Added my link, "Egg Hunt"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2011/07/egg-hunt.html

I used the April '11 kit and only have a few scraps left now.