Also, welcome to day #2 of this month's challenges - Out with the Old, In with the New. Your challenge today, find a past kit with the following color scheme. No kits? Pull some of your older papers.
Seriously, you aren't surprised are you? I know there are several past kits with this color scheme, so let's think outside the box. Does it mean you're locked in something patriotic? Heck no. I see Christmas pages with this scheme - the blue twinkle of lights and ornaments, red is the color of the season and white of the snow (if you're lucky to have it).
Snow - oh so cold and crisp. So far, far away from the current 95 degrees. Sorry, I digress.
This color scheme is also naturally good for sports, baseball in particular. Use these colors for water skiing, sprinkler running, boating, swimming. It's also great for highlighting those summer pie recipes, county and state fairs and local carnivals. How will you use it?
Need a sketch?
Your layout for this is due Saturday evening July 9th for a shot and some Summer Treat Goodness.
I want to see your layouts! So come on and play.
Need some examples of past kits that have this scheme?
- Studio Calico Countryside (Bigger June '11)
- Basic Grey Life of the Party (Smaller May '11)
- Bella Blvd Tail Waggers (Bigger May '11)
- Imaginisce Animal Crackers (Smaller March '11)
- Echo Park Little Boy (Bigger March '11)
- Echo Park Wintertime (Bigger January '11)
- Basic Grey Jovial (Bigger December '10)
- American Crafts Heat Wave (Smaller July '10)
- Jenni Bowlin Play Date (Smaller August '10)
- Pink Paislee Starlight (Smaller July '10)
- Lily Bee Hello Sunshine (Smaller May '10)
- Sassafra Lass Cherry Delicious (Smaller April '10)