Friday, February 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Day #8

Is it Friday?  I seemed to have gotten lost somewhere after Monday and those days were lost in a blur. 

I believe I neglected to wish my daughter Happy Birthday on Monday, well neglected to do so here.  My sweet little girl is now 15!  Fifteen.  Quince.  Fourteen + One.  Quinze.  Yeah, no matter how I look at it, or spell it, it's still impossible to wrap my head around.  Our first born, our sugar and spice, our I-don'-t-do-pink girl is growing up.  I still remember clearly that first time I looked at her, with her bent button of a nose and rose-petal mouth, she was perfect and would bring us joy, laughter and consternation (that came later).  Happy Birthday, SweetPea! (My favorite picture of her; her's . . . .not so much, even at five she demanded a retake.)
I also believe I neglected to mention the prize for this week's challenges.  I mentioned it last night on Facebook, if you're following over there - Jillibean's Spotted Owl TV Dinner.  You've got plenty of time to catch up or get started to be eligible.  Layouts are due Sunday evening.  Today's challenge for non-Bingo Card holders is to incorporate an oversized and embellished photo mat or frame - make it and embellish it yourself or use a premade and decorate away.
Week 2 in my 28 Cards class started yesterday and, yep, staying true to form (so far) I completed my eighth card.  Eight cards - stamping, stitching. . .it's card mania over here.  Not really, but it is more cards than I've made in years and years.
And because it's Friday, and there's a party going on here - inspiration should be abundant.  We have Sous Chef Jennifer's layout using the February Smaller than a Breadbox, using the Pink Paislee line.  This line was almost made for her daughter's dress!


Happy Friday!



5 comments:

Polka Dot Door Designs said...

Goodness, they grow up so fast, don't they? My eldest just turned 9, and I am still kind of in shock that the time has flown by so fast.

jengd said...

I left a comment on my blog about this entry: Paint or Ink. I hope I'm not pushing this one too far but I'm saying ink/markers on the stamped image since it's its own type of beast and not just a plain stamped image.

jengd said...

Hmmm... again, I hope I'm not pushing it... can we submit 2 in one day? Today was a crazy miracle that I got done what I did. :) And, happy birthdat to your not-so-little one!

Deanna said...

I used handstitching today and added my link...

"Christmas Clues"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2012/02/christmas-clues.html

Unknown said...

Added my link - again it's my FLickr gallery 'cus I've been too busy to blog! I added liquid pearls to my hand made frame/mat combo.
Thanks again for the win. Tried sending another email - did it get to you?