Friday, July 20, 2012

Getting to Know Deanna Deaton


Deanna has been a long-time member of Apron Strings' autoship and has designed for me in the past.  She's filling in this month while Nancy is out galavanting around Florida.  Deanna's pages always have this easy-to-assemble look about them and she cranks them out at an amazing speed!
My name is Deanna Deaton and I live at Belpre, Ohio. I've been married to my high school sweetheart Brad for 34 years. We have 3 adult kids who have given us 7 beautiful grandkids whom I adore and enjoy scrapping about. Brad and I are often walking or biking and we love travelling.
I call scrapbooking my passion as I love to work on it each day. I love the idea of preserving the memories of our family. I love to try new techniques and designs and look forward to a good challenge to get my mojo flowing.
Do you have a favorite technique?  One of my favorite techniques is using border punches. I think that little decorative edge can add so much to a layout.
Describe your scrap space?  I'm lucky enough to have a whole room I can call 'my own' to scrap in. It was formerly my daughter's bedroom. I have many drawers and shelves in there and everything is quite organized. I can't seem to scrap til I clean up a previous mess sometimes. I have a small table as my scrap desk and alot of favorite little embellies are within reach. I put my newest purchases in a bowl next to my desk so that I'll try to use those first. My computer, printer, scanner, and phone are in there as well as a small tv.
What's your biggest challenge?  My biggest challenge would be trying to keep up scrapping my 7 busy grandkids along with our vacations. I try to remind myself that I don't have to be current. I don't scrap chronologically, but I like to have them in the appropriate albums that way.
Thanks for reading alittle 'about me'.
Deanna
So I'm guessing, my kids need to be out of the house before I, 1) get any pages done with any regularity and 2) I'm able to maintain any organization in my studio space.  Good to know. . .good to know.
Thanks Deanna for your wonderful layouts this month and the tons of inspiration they provide!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

awww....it's great designing for you, Lori! I enjoyed working with the 'Bigger Than' Kit!

Diane said...

I love Deanna's work. She is a real "gem"!!