Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pinterest Challenge #8

I, like most people, love Christmas.  I always have fairytale-ish ideas about what I want Christmas to be like, but I tend to get the harsh reality of Christmas with four kids and never enough time to embrace all I want to do.

But with Pinterest, I can dream even bigger - homemade ornaments to adorn my tree.  All the family eager to help and munch on the homemade cookies and hot chocolate while we create; Christmas tunes playing softly in the background.  Clearly the fairytale version because in reality it would be me, alone, at the table with sounds of xBox blaring and the constant "bing" of some one's incoming text message in the background.

However, this adorable little item found on Apron Strings' Home for the Holidays board, but I'm thinking it could be on my Scrappin' Ideas board because it'd use up my rather large collection of buttons. But if I were to transfer the idea to my layouts or cards, well, yeah, I'd still reach for my buttons.  I'd look for the updated color palette for a holiday layout.  I might make my embellishment areas layered, like the buttons, and built with various circles.  I'd certainly remember to grab ribbon.  Stepping off the page, I might try the color scheme on a non-holiday layout or card.


Layouts are due Sunday evening for a chance at the Fancy Pants prize.  Remember you only need one challenge to be entered, more entries equals more chances.

Happy Wednesday,

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I love that ornament and was going with something Christmas, but went with photos I had already printed. I used a cluster of little embellies including buttons.

"Great Day For A Party"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2012/07/great-day-for-party.html