Monday, July 16, 2012

Pinterest Challenge #11

I hope your weekend was pleasant.  We enjoyed. . .let's see heat - Duh and not much else.  It was a quiet weekend; one of our last as soccer looms.  I started picking tomatoes, the heat has them growing and ripening quickly.  We watched the progression of the baby Robins on the front porch - there were four, one either was pushed, fell out of, or left the nest on his own due to severe overcrowding.  We're not sure that little one made it though.  This morning we woke up to all of them gone, though I could still hear them in the trees around the house.  I also harvested several bunches of basil and have it drying in the kitchen.  I'll be making a Caresse salad at some point this week to get rid of some tomatoes and some more basil.  I need a Pesto recipe.  All in all not a bad weekend.

I love subway art.  I might even be kinda addicted to it.  This super cute version is from the Apron Strings I Can Do That board.  This would be a fresh way to include journaling on my layouts.  It could even be a background or an element instead of "just a journaling block."  The colors of yellow and grey are hot this year.  I can even adapt the general layout into a layout, by putting a photo where "Elly Brynn" is and all the information around it; this version would be an adorable wall hanging.  Quick and easy and done.  This Pin-spiration translates easily to cards, as well.


Layouts and cards are due on Sunday evening.  REMEMBER, if all you get done is one entry this week, it's all you need to be included in the drawing!  I have a My Mind's Eye complete line for this week's gift.  The name escapes me, so I'll have that for tomorrow.

Happy Monday.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I was inspired by the colors of the inspiration to break out the July kits and used the Pink Paislee 'Prairie Hill' for this.

"Fresh Coconut"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2012/07/fresh-coconut.html

Deanna said...

oops I meant the June kit!