Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pinterest Challenge #9

Oh. . .the 90+ temps, how I love them so, like a long lost friend.  Eeehhh. . .not so much; they're like the annoying house guests who decide to "stay a little longer."  My only escape, besides my cool, sorta clean basement - where I've been virtually decorating (thanks to Pinterest) is a cool bath late, late in the evening; when it's usually a balmy 88.

This Pinspiration comes from Apron Strings' Color Theory board.  It feels so refreshing.  So cool.  So heat-beating!  I almost smell the Lilacs (I know it's probably Lavender, but I like Lilacs ;D.)  These soft colors are great for wedding, baby and baby-to-be layouts; I have plenty of those as my, now, 3 year old still has NO layouts about him (or with him even in a photo.)  I also see photos my daughter took of the recent rains (her photography is amazing) on a layout with these colors.  The glazed jar (how cute is that thing) makes me think about epoxy embellishments or acrylic pieces.  The texture of the mat the jar is sitting on makes me want to dig out some canvas pieces or textured ribbon or even textured-looking papers.  The soft quality reminds me of pearls.  The flowers make me think of some of the handmade flowers so popular right now, like these or these fan-type flowers.



Remember layouts or cards are due by Sunday evening and all it takes is ONE layout to be entered for those super cute Fancy Pants papers.  Of course, the more you do, the more chances you get in the drawing.


Happy Thursday.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

As soon as I saw the pretty color inspiration I knew I'd be scrapping some Easter photos with the Apron Strings March kit.

Added my link, "Eggsceptional"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2012/07/eggsceptional.html

Deanna said...

Yay! We have another player and she's making beautiful cards!