Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Naked Trees. . . Croptober #11

I figured yesterday, and said so, that trees would be getting rid of a lot of color.  And as I listened to the wind gust last night and early this morning, it became true.  The trees are quickly shedding leaves, some are now naked.  So I'm doing my best to soak up all the last clinging bits of fall; enjoying the colors so vibrant against our Colorado Blue skies, the bright white of fresh snow as a backdrop against the golden leaves, the sound of leaves racing along the pavement, the crunch of leaves under the kids' feet, that crisp nip in the air in the mornings and evenings, the smell of the garden as it turns over from blooming to sleeping - that rich earthy smell, the smell of people burning wood in their fireplaces (before bans go into affect.)  Deep Breath.  Ahhh.  Wonderful.
 

This photo, is your inspiration for today's Croptober challenge.  The only thing I couldn't get in the frame was the brilliant gold of the tree that shades this part of the yard.  What will you create?  There are colors, but not in the way you may be used to finding color inspiration.  Will you reach for a more monochromatic palate?  Will it make you want to distress your card or layout?  Will you look to add texture to your work?  Does it make you think of the changes in your own yard that maybe you've wanted to capture?  Will it remind you of a trip taken where the most strenuous thing you did was sit in the sand?  I don't know, but I can't wait to see.
 
 
All layouts or cards are due Sunday evening for your shot at a $5 Gift Code to use at Apron Strings.
 
I got a fair amount of my to-do list done yesterday, but not as much in the cooking/baking department as I wanted, so that's the task for today. . .and finishing laundry.  Skipping off to fill my home with the smells of autumn baking.
 
Happy Tuesday,
 

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I was inspired by the color combo of the image today.

Added my link, "So Very Thankful"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2012/10/so-very-thankful.html

Jessica Navarro said...

I was inspired to pull out the tree photos we took in Aruba. I also liked the vertical image of the fence behind, so I used a vertical striped paper at the bottom. Finally, I mimiced the color combination...the grey of the house behind, the neutrals, and the hint of green. thanks for the great inspiration!