Friday, October 26, 2012

Whole Lotta Bakin'. . .Croptober #19

Today is looking to be one of those days with lots on my plate.  I have a line-up of baking to do:  Lemon Zucchini Bread, Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies,  and now that I'm hooked, I need to save money and figure out a good recipe for making my own, so recipe #1 in the search for yummy Pretzel Rolls.  Being Friday, I've also go dinner to make since this is a night we host the in-laws for dinner (a practice started this summer - two nights a week.)  Add the usual household items:  a little laundry - linens, a little straightening, a little work AND my homework from last night's knitting class (Purling and I are learning to get along) and I think I might have more hours in what needs doing than hours in the day.  Dangit!
 
Today's Croptober challenge/inspiration comes from Maria Swiatkowski's layout below.  She used the Bigger than a Breadbox October kit - the American Crafts' Pumpkin Patch line (you can find the last couple kits HERE.)  Maria is partaking in Project Life - she's doing her own version, which is just one of the great things about Project Life.  Maria loves her mists, and she adds some great definition to her background by misting over a mask, add her photos, a couple small embellishments and she has a completed page.  Love the simplicity and the done-quickly.  Pages don't need to be extravagant and technique filled to look fantastic!  What will you take away from her example to create your own page or card?
 
 
Get your own work uploaded by Sunday evening to be eligible for this week's drawing for Authentique's Splendid line. 
 
 
Will the last weekend of the regular soccer season be played?  Snow is still on the ground, temps are still below 30.  My guess is that if we get melting this afternoon, we'll be standing and cheering for a very cold 9:00 am game tomorrow morning (temps near freezing), with another slightly warmer game at 1:30.
 
With little time in my day for messing around, I'd best get going. 
 
Happy Friday.
 

No comments: