Thursday, October 18, 2012

Wheezy Pre-Schooler. . .Croptober #13

So Croup. . .it's fun. When my now 12 y.o. was three months old, I was first introduced to Croup.  By the second time he had it I was a veteran of the horrific noise of it and of the midnight ER run, the misty treatment and the ensuing night sleeping in the hospital.  The 4 y.o. has had signs, or sounds if you've an experienced Croup-parent, of Croup.  First, a month or so ago, and now again last night.  As I sat outside on the back porch in the "breeze" at 1:30 this morning, I was trying to gauge whether it was ER time.  Ultimately, after about 10 minutes breathing in the cold air and getting him to calm down enough to hear his actual breathing, I decided to take the wait-and-see-approach, which meant turning on the humidifier in his room and sleeping with him.  Somewhere around 4:30 this morning I staggered back down the hall to my own bed and slept another hour and a half before starting the day.  I see fuzzy, incomplete thoughts and not a lot of productivity in my day - which begs the "how is this any different from any other day" question.

Today's inspiration/challenge comes from Pinterest on my "I Can Do That" board.  First, it's just cute and I love the green.  Then there's the mix of ribbon which could say "use ribbon," or it could say "use more patterned paper."  The smudges say "distress or ink or mist."  The letters definitely say "go big."  How does this speak to you?

 
Once it's spoken and you've created a card or layout, be sure to post it here by Sunday evening.

I have a hair appointment later today, I hope I don't fall asleep during the shampoo. 

Happy Thursday,

2 comments:

jengd said...

Sorry to hear about the croup issues- hope you can stay away from the ER!

Deanna said...

Hope he's better soon, Lori!

Added my link, "Bat Girl"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2012/10/bat-girl.html