Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Traditional Layout - Go Me

If you follow me on Instagram, you already know I did pretty good incorporating my scrapbooking into my everyday over the weekend.  I had already pulled photos to go with this Bazzill Nordic Pines line from the January Smaller than a Breadbox kit.  


I already knew I was going to do a traditional layout. . .a decision made for me because I was out of Project Life® photos to work with.  (I took care of that over the weekend, too.) To take the "must create" pressure of, I used a sketch from Becky Fleck's Scrapbook Page Maps:  Sketches for Creative Layouts.


I stuck pretty true to the sketch - minus one photo.  And a "woohoo" for me is that I used a pretty decent chunk of the embellishments, typically a struggle.  Plus, holy cow, I painted and glazed the chipboard.  What got into me?!


Here's what I had left over, about a third of each of the papers, the black ATC tag, a few buttons and the Goosebumps.


Using that, plus cardstock from my own stash I created three cards - including the one based on a January Card Kit card (by Wendi Robinson) I picked on Friday.  I love the pleated ribbon look, but I'm sorry, I'm not hauling out my machine to stitch it down.  So, I just applied double-sided adhesive to the back of the ribbon and pleated away.  Wha-lah!


I have to say, I'm feeling pretty good about what I'm getting done - and it's taking a little practice to get into the practice of it all, but . . .

Also in the crafty arena, I knitted a bit, set up more photos sheets for getting more PL done - I have through August to print and I pulled and cut photos for another traditional layout.

Happy Tuesday,

4 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

way to go on getting lots of scrapping done!!!! great job on the pages and cards!!

Lori said...

Thanks! It's definitely a mood-lifter to be making room for it in my daily chores.

Donna Nuce said...

Really cute pages Lori! Glad you are getting some scrapping done.

Lori said...

Thank you! With the snow moving in I'm hoping to get more done. Hope you are too! :)