Thursday, October 15, 2015

Throw Back Thursday Inspiration

While I'm highly inspired, and motivated, the clock is working against me.  Too many priorities that keep sliding in on top of my creative time.  That's not gonna stop me, however, from gathering the inspiration, and matching photos to kits for when I do have a bit of time.


This color pallet has that warm Autumn day touch to it; when the sunlight shines through those rich color-turning leaves.


You can find those colors in the Carta Bella A Perfect Autumn line which was in last year's October Bigger kit, and couldn't be anymore Fall if you tried.  But using the "B Sides" of the papers allows you to expand their use, i.e. the "Teamwork" layout above.


Another warm take was Echo Park's Made from Scratch line (left) from the November Bigger.  It has a more harvest, end-of-summer feel to it.

Just so you don't think the colors are simply Fall focused, check out the January Smaller kit's Simple Stories Daily Grind line (center) which was more everyday.  The Jillibean Sightseeing Stew line in the June Smaller has the color scheme, but is more travel focused.


And if you're like me, you have tons of ways to document your Decembers.  I have my December Daily albums, then my traditional takes on the big days in our family.  Just so you look outside that Autumn box, the Jillibean Holly Berry Borscht line (right) from the December Bigger kit, also uses this pallet.


If one of these kits is languishing away in your stash, go rescue it and use it.  If you don't have one of these kits, you can still search your stash (or purchase one of the kits mentioned above, they are priced nicely) for the color pallet and get creative.  

Happy Thursday,

No comments: