Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Sketches on Tuesday

September is our busy month for birthdays, with three in just my little family.  So, this past weekend we held our 'Palooza Party to celebrate all three.  We hosted a brunch and invited both sides of the family, which makes the guest list over 20.  That meant I needed more than my kitchen table and the back patio (the weather was perfect for breakfast outside) to have for people eating.  That meant I needed to clear off the dining table, which had been transformed into a scrappy table.  So, I blew the dust off my supplies and loaded everything back into my totes.  

I'm hoping it's only temporary.  I signed up the the Scrapbook and Cards Today Single 2 Double class to inspire me to drag it all back out later this week - I have to say, though, I'm kind of enjoying the tidy look in the dining room.

However, Becky Fleck of PageMaps does the sketches for the classes at SCT, and sketches are a way to get rolling without necessarily needing the accountability of the class.  Currently, I need the accountability, but not everyone does ;).


That being the case, I headed over to PageMaps, and opted to start looking in September 2015, where I found this sketch.  I love the grid.  I love the three photos, but obvious room for up to three more (maybe even six, if you take up the journaling spot with photos.)  I like there's plenty of options for filing all those spots in whatever manner needed.  It is also an easy sketch to stretch into a two-pager.  There's enough room to make the photos larger, whether that means larger squares, or going vertical.


PageMaps designer Marla Kress interpretted the design pretty close to the sketch.  She opted to use just one journaling spot, that crossed two spots on the sketch and kept the title block without further journaling.  She also enlarged the mat under the photos (the sketch shows a block that doesn't encompass the photos.)


Guest Designer Ivonne Morales from Revista RL Scrap Design Team also stayed relatively true to the original sketch.  She opted to put her journaling in one of the patterned paper blocks, directly beneath the title.  She matted the three vertical blocks individually, rather than the larger block on the sketch.  

I don't always need a class, but I can never go wrong with a sketch.

Go. Create.

No comments: