Thursday, September 22, 2016

Throw Back Thursday

I mentioned earlier this week I had to pick up my temporary work space in our dining room to accommodate guests at the birthday party.  I'd love to take it down to the basement, but that is the staging area for some inventory and sorting that hubby is doing.  In other words, he's taken over what progress I've made down there.  I haven't pulled my goodies back out yet, but I did sign up for the Scrapbook & Cards Today Single 2 Double Class.  I think Week Three will be out tomorrow, so I'd like to sit down and play this weekend.  That should work, but. . .well, it's life.


I still have a couple layouts from the last class that I haven't shared.  If you haven't counted, the layout above is the 10th layout that I completed during that one class - the SCT Easy, Detailed, Expert Class.  I've used five kits, this one makes six and countless odds and ends from my stash.  Not bad for one $20 class.

The above layout is using October Afternoon's Very Merry line, which came out in 2009.  If I remember right, the Very Merry line was in an over-sized, one-time seasonal kit which Apron Strings offered from time-to-time.  They were known as Blue Plate Specials.  The photos are from 2008.

We celebrate St. Nicholas Day, which is what's going on in the photos.  This layout will go in the family album.  It's also the First St. Nick's Day for our, then, newest member of the family who is just three months old.  I believe this makes four layouts the poor thing is actually in.  He's eight now.  I have set his photos from that day, along with more from this kit, to eventually do a layout just for his book.

I used Week Five's sketch from the SCT EDE class, which is the left side of the layout above, flipped 180 degrees.  More or less.  I flipped it to extend the extra photos to the right, but could have left it and extended photos both left and right.  I wish I could say I tried something new, but no.  I stayed in my comfort zone.  It happens.

Happy Thursday,

No comments: