We are having a hot spell . . . or were. . . Monday and Tuesday with temps at or above 90. Summer always overstays its welcome here. Today, though, as I opened curtains and blinds there was more gold in the trees and a scattering of fallen leaves in the street. Fall is here and it won't be a long one, unfortunately!
- Finished up a weather unit by being weathermen and predicting the weather based on previous patterns the kids tracked.
- When there's a lot of laughing, A. LOT. of laughing, in some far corner of the house, it must be a new SnapChat filter.
- A meet that was nice and close to home and had him shaving a minute off his previous run.
- Birthday number Eight for this one.
- The birthday boy and Granny holding a most prized gift
- Two of the three Birthday 'palooza participants
- Creating. This time in watercolor
- Colorado Evenings
- The first of two meets this week. This one, the course was challenging. The weather was hot and humid. It knocked the stuffing out of some finishers. . .literally. Probably the only time that there is some gratitude (if you can call running seven miles a day something to be thankful for) that your school sits on a hill and any way you and your team do training runs you're going to be running hills. Thanks to those hilly runs, this dude finished strong.