Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Croppy Summer Assignment #16 - Christmas in July

There is no rest during the Christmas season - so why break the tradition? I had wanted to post a Christmas layout (next group up in my crop bag) that I wanted to do last night, but . . . well, September kits are starting to chatter, so I worked on those instead. See no rest. :) Since it's Christmas in July Eve, we need to do an assignment based on "'Twas the Night Before Christmas." I love that story and have several different versions of it that make it to the coffee tables during the holidays. There are great pictures that pop out in the verses of that story, things like: dancing sugar plums, bowl full of jelly, cherry-red nose - they remind me of Christmas baking and the treats and the child-like anticipation for those yummies. So your assignment for today is to draw inspiration from any or all three of those phrases: dancing sugar plums, bowl full of jelly and cherry-red nose. Do dancing sugar plums remind you of recitals or sugared embellishments? Does bowl full of jelly make you think of creating a layout about canning up your grandmother's Strawberry Jam? Maybe cherry-red has you seeing, well, red. Whatever those phrases conjure up in your head, translate it to your next layout. This layout, along with all the other from the Christmas in July portion of My Croppy Summer will be due July 31st. Enjoy your Saturday!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I was inspired by the phrase 'cherry-red nose' and went wild with all the reds! Linked my layout above, "Cars Cake".

Mona said...

LOL this challange made me realize I'm NOT all caught up on christmas photo's! Off to find that "bowl of Jelly" picture!